Roses Don't Have to be Red

It wasn't quite the classic tale of best friends who'd known each other since they were in nappies, and one of them fell for the other. Your sister was a year older than you, a fact that she seemed to dangle over your head.

Even with the age gap, you and your sister were close, meaning friends of hers were friends of yours and vice versa. C/N was your sister's best friend, they were inseparable, so no, that classic tale was your sister's story.

C/N was so in love with your sister, what told you that? That gleam in his eyes when he looked at her, his need to be around her at least once a day, the way he was always touching her.

You walked through the hallway of your school, a scowl written on your face from the red and pink decorations strung around the place. Valentine's day ... The day you continued to dread every year. You hated the day for one reason, and this year ... that reason happened.

Every lunch break C/N and Y/S would eat their lunch in the school gym, and every valentine's day you snuck up to the doors of the gym and watched. This year, a tall male with dull green eyes and blonde hair approached your sister, her crush YS/C (Your sister's crush), they handed her a rose and your sister nodded her head.

As you watched, you felt the arm of your sort of boyfriend slither around your waist, he leaned into your neck mumbling something stupid. You didn't listen as you watched C/N's E/C eyes well with tears.

Your sister jumped into her new boyfriends' arms who spun her around, C/N sped walked out of the room without the couple noticing. You were always scared that he would get hurt by her.

You fought your way out of the guy's grip. "I'm sorry I can't do this with you." You muttered before sprinted around to the other side of the hall. You caught a glimpse of him turning the corner out of the alley to behind G block.

You ran trying to catch up, but you tripped and fell into one bin causing it to fall over. You groan with frustration but stop when your eyes focus on a red envelope and two crushed flowers... yellow rose with red tips and a lavender one. Your curiosity got the better of you, so you picked it up.

Y/N

You blinked several times to check it was your name, and when you knew it was... you opened it.

Dear Y/N,

This feels weird, hopefully, it doesn't feel weird to you. I'm just going to say it... I really like you, I have ever since your 1oth birthday. I know you have a boyfriend, but I just... I don't know, I can't stop thinking of you. Your sister has known I liked you for so long, I've often wondered if she's told you and you just don't care ...

Anyway, I know, you know what these roses mean ... you're the one who told me after all.

Love you to the moon and back

~C/N

"A red-tipped yellow rose means falling in love and lavender is love at first sight ... enchantment." You spoke breathlessly.

"Are you okay Y/N!" Your heart stopped beating as you heard his voice. You realised you were still on the ground of the alley with rubbish surrounding you.

He dropped to his knees checking you over before freezing as he spotted the note in your hand.

"You can just forget about that ... it was stupid of me ..." He began to ramble.

You pulled him by the collar. You lips collided. Life washed over your body. His cheeks burned under your gentle touch. You wiped his tears away as you pulled back.

"I love you." You whispered.
"To the Moon." He continued

"And back." You finished pressing your lips to his again causing him to melt at your touch.

A/N: I know it's late but Happy Valentine's day! Hope this ones okay lol