Vol. Four Ch. One: Still Kicking

~Third Person~

"Wow...I haven't seen something this disgusting since I saw a Prowler give birth...Did you know the uterus is lined with thick walls to prevent the quills of its young from stabbing it from the inside out?"

Emerald, Mercury and Haytham had been watching the many blackened pools of black liquid give birth to Grimm of all kinds. Something that then turned to the two "children" looking at him with disgust and raised eyebrows. They stood in a large hall with cathedral like windows, a table made of dark purple crystalline material sat in the room with chairs of some sort of bone-like material. Not to mention, a light fixture that looked like the nerve cords of a human that had purple luminescent bulbs.

A snap soon rings out in the room as they turn around to be met with six figures. One them seems to be a maniacal looking man, another seemed reserve yet, his stature was intimidating, the third was formal and seemed to be one of high intelligence, the fourth was Baker who stood by the head of the table and the fifth was Cinder. Who now wore a long red and gold dress with her hair blocking her left eye as the mark of a scar could be seen.

Mercury and Emerald quickly made their way up to Cinder, with the latter pushing the former to be right next to her. Something that mustache-clad man of the table seemed to be annoyed by. As for Haytham, he continued to stare off at the creation of Grimm in an almost...admiring fashion.

"To create something from nothing...marvelous..."

"Yes, yes, please keep your...'posse' in check."

This man was Arthur Watts. Rogue Atlesian scientist who fixed his tie with one hand. Mercury would let out a growl as he stepped for to confront the man but, Emerald held by back with a hand by his stomach.

"You hear that?...Silence. I've half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you."

"If I were you, I'd hunt her down! Find her and, well, she took your eye, didn't she~?"

Hazel Rainart, the tall intimidating man, would give the sadistic scientist a rather unimpressed side glance. Not long after, Tyrian Callows would but in with a characteristically maniacal suggestion and an equally maniacal laughter at it. Something Cinder didn't take lightly to yet, only a small rasp of air would leave her mouth. Emerald would immediately lean down to listen.

"Pathetic. Why did you even—?"

However, that moment is ruined when a heavy door slam rings out as everyone stands attentively. Haytham would walk over to Baker before she stepped aside so he stood next to the chair. A new figure would arrive and it was the one Haytham was with not long ago. She was a woman of white skin and veins that were blackened to the point they were seen from atop her skin. Her eyes? Black all around yet, red at the iris. Her name was...fitting. Salem. She seemed to glide across the floor beside the crystal table yet, footsteps would ring out as she stood in front of some crystals with candles atop of them.

"Watts..."

This made him perk up at the attention.

"Do you find the malignancy necessary?"

With that, she would turn and gesture all to sit as Baker and Haytham exchanged looks before he shook his head. Salem herself soon sat down as she glance up at Haytham who stood tall and straight. On her face? A sort of smile peeked the corner of her lips.

"Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?"

"Well, the girl with the Silver Eyes."

"Yes. We've dealt with their kind before. How is it a novice was able to best one of us?"