Vol. Six Ch. Six: So...Tired...

~First Person~

"Psssst. Hey! Wakey wakey~"

I groaned as I turned away from whoever was bugging me...

"Hey...wake up!"

I let out a scoff as I opened my eyes to see Ruby smiling at me...Eepy.

"Just...little more."

"Nope! No can do. Now wake up. Come on."

I felt her lips kiss my forehead as I let out a sigh as I groggily opened my eyes. So...tired...Looking to her? She was about to hop off the steps of the staircase, a.k.a my bed, when I sat up.

"You can sleep on the road. You stayed up a little while longer. Told you not to eat those extra rolls of spam sushi~! If all goes good? We'll be in Argus before sundown and then Atlas by tomorrow if all goes well!"

Atlas...The IMC...Dad...Me...

"Ruby...?"

"Hm-?"

"Why am I with you all...?"

Ruby soon gained a small frown...So tired...

~Third Person~

"Jinn...?"

The Pilot stood before the large sinkhole that was now Southeast Vale after he had destroyed the Forward Base underneath. The geiger counter in his helmet chirping out to caution its wearer.

"Was...the IMC actually doing good for Southeast Vale...?"

Jinn gave a small smile before the pilot ended up back in that white loading screen of a void with a plume of smoke. One he coughed at as he clenched his fists, unsure if he truly wanted to see what came next.

But it did, in the form a night sky above Vale with the broken moon illuminating the night.

"Fourteen years ago...a beautiful meteor shower flew in the night sky of Remnant. Visible all across the globe."

Vale. Vacuo. Atlas and Mantle. Menagerie. Mistral. This light show left all in awe.

"But...it was no meteor shower. Instead? It was the herald of a new age."

Deep in the forests Mistral? A crater of land was ruined as the hissing of metal could be heard. But...it didn't take long for a metal creak to ring out before the hatch of an IMC Legion was kicked open to show a pilot clad in an IMC suit, ripping off her helmet? She would look around with a deep set of panting before looking outwards to see the forest. Then the sky. And finally? The shattered moon...

"These soldiers- these people...arrived in wreckages."

Around the globe? Pilots and Grunts alike woke up from their crashes. Either in Titans, dropships, life-pods.

"All were confused. How could they not be? Arriving on a new world."

All of whom were confused and dazed.

"But others? It became their grave. Those who were lucky, were buried with respect."

Some...? Not so lucky. But those who didn't make it, were laid to rest in these new lands.

"But...for others? Lost to time..."

Some wrecks? Lost to nature. Either in wrecks left underwater, wrecks left to ashes, or...stains of blade on pieces of earth from the natural wildlife. The Grimm.

"At first, they simply tried survival. Trying their damndest to live another say. Others? Selecting to blend into society."

Camps made of survivors or a singular survivor were scattered. All of them thought they were alone on these new world. Some even sneaking and blending themselves into a new society. Living amongst the new masses, obviously new to faunus and some magical aspect of this new world.