Vol. Four Ch. Ten: Poking Around

~First Person~

"Oh man..."

"Fuckin'...yikes..."

Well...this is Kuroyuri...Was Kuroyuri...This place is arguably worse than Shion, the place where we found that Huntsman taking his last breath. It definitely didn't help that every single shadow that twitched made me jump and whip my rifle in that direction. Grimm? No. Just random loose things in the wind. But the worst part that shook me to the core? Was the fact Kuroyuri looked insanely large for a village out here in Anima.  To fall to Grimm...?

"Come on..."

"You heard the little lady."

Ruby wore a determined glare as she and Jaune continued forward with me running up ahead to scan the surrounding area. Yet, all I would catch is chills running up my spine with each gust or creak of wood in the wind. So, I did the next best thing and lowered my guard just a bit to collect my head and its thoughts...How the Hell did this trip suddenly become a survival horror movie?

"Any of these places look like a pharmacy...?"

"It's...honestly hard to tell..."

"Fuckin' heebie jeebies, mate..."

I unintentionally let my accent come out as the mood lightened for just a split second with Ruby giggling softly. Yet, I whipped aim Kraber around to be met with a regular rat standing on its hind legs behind me. Sniffing the air as I cringed at the sight of the nasty little plague demon before kicking a pebble at it. Causing it to run off as I continued to shadow Ruby and Jaune.

"Ren really didn't want to come here, did he...?"

"It...didn't seem so..."

"This place is huge...how could it just...fall like this?"

Seeing Ruby's face turn into one of fear, I couldn't help but feel a twinge in my heart yet, I also remembered last night again. Shaking my head, right now was not the time for that kind of stuff. But yet, I also felt something...familiar nagging at the back of my mind. A sense I only felt when an enemy Titan was nearby. I swear to whatever gods, if there is a Titan here? I'm going to lose my fucking shit...

"Do you know...why...?"

"I think I have a pretty good idea..."

Same here, Yellow...Same here...

...

It didn't take long for us to arrive at a large dead or hibernating tree sat in front of, what I assumed to be the City. Given by its large in size clearing and the fact there was a bell-tower nearby. The architecture of this place was elegant and expensive as seen before in Oniyuri. I bet that kind of stuff is only reserved for big villages given the fact we didn't see stuff like this in Higanbana. As I finished that thought, Ruby would have just finished leaning Qrow against that same tree from before.

Her uncle letting out a cough in the process made Ruby's face contort into more fear before she stood up. Approaching me and Jaune as we simply scanned the area.

"Okay...Now we need to look for that pharmacy..."

"I say we split up. If you find something or come into contact with Grimm? Call out."

"Alright. (Y/N)? I'm with you. Ruby? We'll meet up on the edge of that street right over there."

"Hm. Alright. Let's go. Clocks ticking."

"Right."

Jaune and I would walk side by side as we began to walk away from Ruby but, I soon stopped thinking back to last night yet again. Sighing out softly as I whistled out softly to Ruby. Making her look at me with a cocked eyebrow. Even Jaune was a bit curious as he came to a stop next to me.