Vol. Five Ch. Six: Head On

~First Person~

With a roar, I'd bring down my broadsword towards Oscar as he took a step to the side as the blade narrowly missed him. Sending the Long Memory my way with an underhand swing, I'd lean backwards as I kept one hand planted on my weapon. And with that same leaning force I used just now, I twirl to make some distance between the both of us yet, I was forced to block a swing with the broadside length of my blade. Long Memory would naturally slide off the length yet, Oscar would take a step back and jab forward as I barely had any time to avoid getting jabbed in the chest.

Causing me to hack out as I naturally stumbled before Oscar jumped in for the kill. Jabbing at me nonstop, I would try my best to avoid getting hit or block his attacks. Yet, each time it would get harder and harder to block since his attacks seemed to speed up before finally ending in him twirling backwards whilst spinning Long Memory in a circle. Jabbing forward, those moves were anything but flashy as it actually made this final attack carry a bit more weight. Causing me to actually shoot backwards with a yelp and tumble into as my hand flicked my weapon into the Kraber form.

Rolling backwards with soft grunts, I'd come to halt after smacking flat onto my step. Groaning softly as I tried to recover whilst Oscar chuckled with a small spin of Long Memory in his hand. Even tucking an arm behind his back, the sly brat...

"Huh. Guess I really am getting the hang of this~!"

"Y-Yeah? Well, a Pilot always has a few tricks up their sleeves!"

Pulling the trigger on my Kraber, the recoil naturally shot the rifle backwards as the bullet and sudden pop made Oscar jump back in surprise. As he was on one foot though, I also used the recoil to sort of nudge me onto knees and essentially in a position where I can instantly recover. Doing just that with a roll forward, I simultaneously racked my Kraber's bolt as I swung it downwards. Oscar would catch onto the swing via holding Long Memory parallel to the ground yet, he would go wide eyed as he could see the bullet down the barrel of my Kraber as I grinned.

Ducking down, he would dodge what was a nonlethal dummy round yet, Y'know a bullet is a bullet. So, as he ducked, I sent my knee straight to his face as it actually connected. Sending him backwards with a tumble, I would flick the transformation button as I tossed my weapon, seriously need a name for this thing, as I jumped forward with a super-man punch. Oscar expected this as he blocked my fist and locked my arm with Long Memory yet, my other arm was still free as it caught my now broadsword and swung it upwards. Catching him off guard, he stumbled to dodge the swing yet, I stepped forward with another swing that was the exact same. Taking a step back yet again, I would pressure him into retreating before his back pressed against the clifff wall outside the patio.

With a grunt, I would slash in a wide arc as Oscar was forced to parry this via smacking the blade to the side. Something I fully expected, albeit a bit less force, as the blade naturally got stuck in the cliff wall. The next moment? I used that same parry as a pull-up bar to send a kick at Oscar that sent him backwards against the patio railing. Now I was in full control as I flicked my broadsword into its Kraber body and pulled the trigger. With a roar, I was sent forward and down towards Oscar as he yelled out since there wasn't really any time to do anything as he closed his eyes.

Instead of cleaving the boy, I would just stop the blade at his neck before inching the blade closer to scrape his cheek. Pulling it back, I looked at the blade with skepticism-

"Well, I'll be! You are growing hair! Hah!"

"Hey! I was gonna build that up for the future-!"

"Ozpin was and is most likely clean shaven."

Flicking....dammit, still need a name. Flicking my Kraber around onto my back, Oscar would step away from the railing. Patting himself off before I gave him a pleasant little pat on the back.