Vol. Four Ch. Six: Being Stalked

~Third Person~

"-That's a funny word!"

"Yes! It does have a funny ring to it, doesn't it...? But-"

...

Spry was making his way around the manor in search of Blake after she had run off. It was obvious that the presence of the White Fang in Menagerie as well as the fact her family was still affiliated with them was more than stressing. It was disheartening. Something the boy had felt that night at the docks with the Ronin. And something he was feeling currently given how, if the Fang is here? Then so is the IMC...

However, he soon lost himself in the large manor as he cursed under his breath as he found himself in a large meeting hall of sorts with a second floor walkway above.

"Dammit...I've been here twice already...How large can this place really be, anyways?"

"Yeah, I feel the same way too."

Spry would jump and whip towards the entrance he just came through to see Blake standing there with a small smile. Chuckling out at his frightful attitude as he let out a soft groan upon seeing her laugh at him.

"Ha! Hah! Very funny..."

"Sorry, I sorta just wanted to follow you around and see what you were up to."

"Hm. Well, I am trying to find the kitchen so I can leave the stove on. Burn this place up in a nice ball of flames. Not to be confused with trying to find you."

Spry gained a semi-concerned wide eyed expression from Blake as he snickered out softly as she caught on. Shaking her head before walking up to him as he beckoned her over. Sitting on the floor, she would join him as a pleasant yet, obviously disheartened silence filled the air. Spry wanted and needed to break it...

"...You're worried about the Fang, aren't you?"

Blake's ears went flat against her head as she looked away. A surefire sign that was the reason for her running off earlier.

"Now you know what it's like to be in my boots. Blake? No matter what, I'll be by your side. Thick and thin, awkward father meeting! Whatever the case? I'll stick true to my promise..."

Giving her a calm and reassuring smile, Blake couldn't help but smile in return before she looked away.

"I...need to show you something...or someone, better yet...Another time, though."

Spry would smile at Blake before he gained a curious cock of his eyebrow. However, Blake's father soon stepped into the room with heavy footsteps that made them both jump. Looking at Ghira, he would glare at the boy as Spry gulped.

"Blake? Will you leave me and your friend to speak alone?"

Blake couldn't say no, as of she had an option to begin with. Giving Spry a reassuring smile, she soon stepped out as Ghira walked over to him as he stood up. Stopping in front of the boy, they would share a stare before Ghira sighed out.

"I can tell wearing those ears was the other boy's idea..."

"It was that or outright yell I was a human in the land faunus. The latter yet, obviously offensive alternative was a better idea."

"Yes...but why does it-?"

"I suggest you don't question that part...Let's just say, Blake had a hand in it..."

Ghira would cock an eyebrow as Spry grunted out upon noticing his mistake yet, he was cut off by the next thing to leave Ghira.

"You...are that boy everyone spoke off. The one that has a large robot...Why does my daughter see it so...causal?"