Vol. Four Ch. Four: Roads That Lie Ahead

~Third Person~

"A star fish has two options when it loses an appendage. It either grows back the appendage with no issue. Or creates a new star fish from the appendage. THAT is adaption..."

...

"So, you feel more relaxed now?"

"Eh. Still can't feel my jaw when I speak but, serves me right for basically spiting Zeus!"

(Y/N) and Yang would share a laugh as they both sat on Yang's bed with a small medical box next to them. In one hand, (Y/N) held what looked like a metal cap with ball-joints around the rim. It should be noted Yang had her arm uncovered and not bandaged up like it usually is. Holding out her scarred arm, (Y/N) gently took it and would place the cap against the knob of her arm's stump to end up sucking his teeth as he pulled the cap back to adjust the cap's size. Making Yang giggle with a shake of her head.

"I'm surprised I didn't end up getting bruised up."

"I know, right? Papa bear throws some mean left hooks."

"And rights...rights...left. And that one cheap kick."

The two would chuckle before finally put the cap back onto Yang's stump to see it perfectly fit as (Y/N) let out a small giddy chuckle. Even pimping his fist up a bit before beginning to secure the cap onto her stump. Yang had witnessed this and noticed immediately that he was far too cheery from the last time she had seen him. On the ground of the tunnel in the Amity Colosseum...a memory that brought anger yet, confusion...

"I...Did you cheat on Weiss?"

Suddenly, (Y/N) fumbled with the cap as he caught it. Holding it in his hands for a moment before sighing out.

"No...I didn't. Like I said, I was seeing Weiss. Hell, I even lost this, to prove my point!"

He would suddenly hold up his hand with a chuckle as Yang's eyes went wide. His finger was missing, at least what was past the first actual joint of his ring finger.

"What the-!?"

"Yeah. Cinder kidnapped me, tried to interrogate me and Haytham, who just so happens to be my dead dad-"

"What!?"

"-cut it off in an act of spite!"

"I..."

Yang was taken aback by this all as it actually made sense given how Ruby had said he had gone through a lot. However, she didn't really say how much it was. As (Y/N) went to place the cap back on, Yang suddenly shot forward and hugged him tightly as he yelped out. Making him blink as he soon hugged back.

"I-I'm so...sorry..."

"Oi...it happened in the past, okay? Right now, I just want to focus on getting this cap on your arm."

"Thanks..."

Yang would sniffle as she pulled away but, now that she was in his line of sight instead of below it? He would spot a set of tears on her face that made him cringe up.

"Wow...never thought seeing you cry would make me want to commit mass homicide...Remind me to kick Mercury's ass next time we see him."

"Heh. Yeah. I will."

Wiping her face off, it was pleasant to actually have a friend near to her and close to home as well.

...

"Wait...I...could you say that all again, please?"

"The complexities are, well for lack of better terminology, complex..."