Vol. Six Ch. Twelve: Giant Pain in the A-

~Third Person~

"You just couldn't keep this rivalry between us, could you, Calavera?! You had to rope in children to fail with you!"

Within the command tower of the Argus Atlesian base? Several technicians and soldiers alike watched in delight as Cordovin swung her mechanical arms at the ship that had been bugging her the entire time. Most even cheering and pumping their fists in joy. However, none were paying attention to a single piece of equipment, which would prove to be a problem when a red dot appeared on one radar screen.

"RUBY!!!"

Oscar cried out to Ruby as she continued to hang from the edge as the others were desperately trying to pull (Y/N) back up. Luckily, Ruby would plant her feet on the cliff wall before slowly beginning to head up. Allowing a bit of leeway for (Y/N) as he was finally able to get some solid footing. And when he did? The others would begin to pull him up just enough before activating his jump-kit at full strength. Yanking Ruby up with a roar and a yelp from the girl as he held his arms out just as she came over the edge. Though with a bit of force as he was shoved down to the ground with a grunt.

"You...really need to lay off those cookies."

Ruby gave a small growl before hitting his chest and standing up after he loosened his arms. With the both now up, Ruby patted down her attire as (Y/N) gave a small shake. 

"Ruby, can you hear me!? Are you guys okay!?"

Right on cue, Maria's ship was just barely able to evade a blast from Cordovin's cannon as everyone watched on a bit fearfully. Raising her hand up to ger earpiece, she spoke out.

"Are WE okay!?"

"I know! We were supposed to lay low, but listen! I think I finally found a weakness!"

"Well, we're all ears!"

Ruby and Weiss exchanged looks before shifting their attention to Nora helping Jaune walk towards the group. Relief washing over their face as Ren anx (Y/N) ran up.

"Guys!!"

"Yellow! Christ alive, man! The hell were you thinking!?"

Up above? The mech's cannon would twist and lock once again as Maria's ship flew on by.

"The cylinder on Cordo's cannon rotates and locks in a giant Dust cartridge every time she changes attack styles."

"We noticed!"

Even despite Weiss' attitude, Oscar remained on task as Maria continued to fly the ship the best she could.

"Right, but her missile launcher doesn't lock in, it pops out! Without her shields, one well-placed shot could detonate the missiles while they're still in the launcher!"

"Jesus, remind me to get her some coffee when we get to Atlas."

Back on the ground, Ren was assisting Jaune to stand up as he had a hand to his side. Kneeling before them, (Y/N) was doing his best to examine Jaune, making him give a small wince. One that soon gave way to a smile as they now had a solid plan.

"We could destroy the entire cannon... Oscar, that's brilliant!"

"Can you...make that kind of shot?"

Everyone instinctively turned to Ruby, making her feel on a the spot and nervous. But she soon looked to (Y/N) and gave a small huff.

"We'll only get one chance before she catches on...But with (Y/N)? It could be two! Even then, it'd have to be practically staring down the barrel of her cannon..."

"Well I got a way to guarantee that~!"

Looking to the sky, Maria's ship could be seen flying low and fast before coming to a hover near the cliff edge. Instantly, Ruby would run up and hop in as (Y/N) was right behind her.