Vol. Six Ch. Four: Trails Lead Somewhere

~Third Person~

"Salem can't be killed...You all heard her too, right?!"

"I-"

The group had all come out of the little vision Jinn had shown them. Each and everyone saw the same thing, the same story, the same tragedy...The same truth. All but one.

As RWBY stood around Ozpin, he was simply on his knees in defeat. He wanted to say something, but he was quickly cut off by Yang's anger.

"There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?!"

Ozpin even began to cry, or perhaps it was Oscar from within, as he hung his head in utter defeat. The truth was out, all of it. From his origin to the lie that has been pushing this group to the ends of the world to stop Salem. His wife.

But as he did? Ruby called out to him. Making him raise his head up to be met with a scowl from Ruby and Blake. But the former's was different. There was also Qrow, but he was facing away.

"Professor...? What is your plan to defeat Salem...?"

"I...don't have one..."

He would hang his head again before a roar came from Qrow as well as a fist that connected with Ozpin's new vessel. One that brought a yell to surface from the boy's body as he was launched all the way back into a tree. Colliding with it rather harshly as the wide view revealed the Pilot standing not too far away from the group. Though, he was facing away from them, much to Ruby's dismay as she wore a large frown. Weiss...wanted to look towards him.

But when they had returned? The group was met with (Y/N) pointing his Wingman pointed at her. More so, the relic. So right now, no one really didn't know what to feel.

"No one wanted me... I was cursed... I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world... I thought I was finally doing some good...!"

Qrow looked down at the snow as his face adorned a large scowl, fists even balling up.

"But you are-!"

"Meeting you...was the worst luck of my life...."

With these harsh words? Ozpin must have realized something as he was wide eyed before tearfully looking away.

"Maybe you are right."

Soon after? The boy's eyes gave a shimmering glow before Oscar hissed out and reached for his cheek to soothe the pain. The group had noticed Oscar was back, but he seemed off as Ruby was first to ask in worriment.

"What happened...?"

"He's...gone..."

Hearing this? Everyone went a little wide eyed as they felt like abandonment had just befallen them. And Yang was first to snap as she wore a giant furious scowl.

"THAT BASTARD!! Tell him we're not done!"

"N-No! This different. H-He's gone...! It...It's like he locked himself deep inside my head! O-Our head!?"

Oscar soon grit his teeth in pain as his hands even held his head. Everyone seemed to take a step back. All but one as he made his way over and kneeled down with a look of defeat as he reached into his pouch. Pulling out a small gauze pad and an anti-inflammatory gel pen.

"Hey, hold still. Alright? Took a heavy hit."

Oscar hissed out as (Y/N)'s hand delicately placed a bit of the ointment onto his cheek. Using his thumb, he gently pressed the ointment in as the others talked amongst themselves. Still trying to wrap their head around the situation.