Vol. Five Ch. Eleven: Nowhere to Hide

~First Person~

"So, we head out the time we go just, we take our weapons?"

"Yeah, Kid. But are you even able to fight in your current state?"

Qrow asked this in a skeptical kind of tone. One that definitely had some reason behind it as I was busy rubbing some pain-numbing cream on my torso with my flight-suit half done. Soon after, I grabbed a nearby pocket box made of wood. Pulling the lid off, I reached in and took out two painkillers before tossing them into my mouth. Swallowing them dry as I took a deep breath. Right now, we were in the living room whilst the others were getting ready for tonight.

"No. Not really but, that ain't no excuse right now. Gotta be prepared for anything."

With an unsure look from Qrow, I simply shrugged before he let out a sigh with a shake of his head. Pulling out his trusty endless flask, he would take a nice swig of its contents after popping to top of with a twist. Now beginning to put up the rest of my flight-suit, I began to make sure that I was fully ready for what was to come later tonight. Only issue is...I didn't know what would happen...Dad's words ringing in my head.

"Get ready. Because only one of us is leaving that day alive. Just hope you're prepared to lose it all."

...

"Wow...this sure isn't creepy at all..."

I said this to myself. Night had come and we were now making our way towards Haven Academy's Grand Hall, also known as Haven Academy's Administration Building. All of us were awkwardly more quiet than any of us would have liked to be yet, Qrow's face was full of skepticism that made everyone else skeptical. Did I mention a bit skeptical?

I guess Ruby must have finally caught wind and sight of Haven's CCT which was a pair of large lighthouse-esque towers with cables. Looking at them in awe and even stopping to admire them a bit more before watching Oscar and I pass by. Now approaching and entering the Grand Hall, it was about as empty as one would expect minus the dust bunnies in the corners. Maybe one of them knows Velvet by chance? I would like to get in contact with her and Coco...Actually, Coco would chew me out over getting my old clothes ruined and my new attire being, basically, a hand-me-down. Yeeaah. I'm good.

As we approaching what looked like a large statue of a flowy, gold shackled woman that held up a platform where Liknheardt stood atop of, the meek Lion would greet us. Yet...

"Why, hello! Thank you for... coming...There...seems to be more of you than last time."

"Eh. You know what they say, 'The more the merrier.' So what's going on with the council?"

Lionheardt seemed to be heavily on edge as he stammered over his words upon realizing Yang, Weiss and Oscar were new editions. Hell, I even caught his eyes scanning my helmet on my hip and my A.D.A.P.T. Gauntlet. Yet one thing I also caught onto was how he now has a weird crucifix-like device on his left forearm that had a large crimson orb in the center of it. Seeing this, I reached to my hip and pulled out my Wingman, cocking the hammer back.

"Why... did you bring your weapons...?"

"What? Leo, we're Huntsmen...! You okay?"

"Yeah, Kitty. Ya seem a bit on edge and what's up with that?"

"Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee."

I soon gestured my Wingman at his forearm, something that made him flinch as everyone soon went from skeptical to on edge. Yet, he waved it away with a sheepish flick of his hand as I squinted. Although, I soon caught Yang looking off towards one of the railings of a second floor balcony pass-way. And there on said railings, was a bird. A corvid. A...Raven...?