Vol. Six Ch. Three: Hard Pills

~First Person~

"Locked away by her cruel-"

"HEY HEY HEY!!! WE'RE NOT ABOUT TO JUST SKIP OVER THAT!!!"

Now in an ornate room with enough gold accents to make a goblin foam at the mouth? I saw "Salem" standing in front of a large window, more like a death trap, that overlooked the fields. Pointing at her? I was soon met with a disembodied sigh from Jinn.

"Please, do not interrupt me-"

"Well don't just drop this all casually onto me! What the hell is going on!?"

Quickly? I slapped my hand over my mouth as I realized I asked the knowledgenie a question. Right after, she appeared before me with an annoyed expression as she sat in the air. Up close now...? Hot...I MUST STAY FOCUSED! Shaking my head, I growled.

"Where is Weiss? Where is Ruby, Qrow, Yang, Blake and Oscar!? I demand to know!!"

"You know...if it was anyone else? I would have just charged you for that."

She looked to me with a grin that made me shiver as I growled out before reaching for my Shallow Horkos. Yet when I pulled it off? There was nothing...

"What the-?"

"First off, language. Despite being a...genie, I have class. Second, you intrigue me...so much~"

I froze up as she reached forward and ran a finger across my chestplate before shoving her hand away from me. Much to her amusement as she giggled.

"But you shouldn't be here."

"Yeah. No shit...I know this world is out to get me. To fix my mishaps and issues because I'm not of here!"

"Mhm! And yet, you persist. You are an anomaly. But slowly? You will be dealt with. I may not be able to tell the future like some medium. But I can feel it...this world? Will do everything in its power to wipe you out."

Eerie...I shivered really heavily from this as I gave a scoff.

"Or something else...because this world is no longer the one I used to be part of. You see, the rules do not apply to you. And neither to me in this case. So! You sit through what your Little Rose asked for? And I will show you an answer you have been asking for the longest time...~"

Hearing this...I froze up as I realized what she was saying...This...could be a-!

"Trick? Yes. It could. But only one way to find out~"

"What would you gain...? From me, from this!"

"Easy! Knowledge~! But new knowledge, at that."

I pondered before sighing out as I went to speak. Only to see Jinn was gone.

"Now where was I? Ah! Yes. Ahem....Locked away by her cruel father, Salem was a girl who desired but one thing. Freedom."

Soon, Salem turned away from the window and made her way to the mirror on the dresser.

"She lived in a time when kings and their kingdoms were plentiful! When men and women were capable of greatness! And magic was a gift from the gods that all could wield...!"

She soon took a seat in the chair as she leaned against the piece of furniture. Staring towards the window once again. Holding out her hand? A spiraling ring of prismatic...ahem, of prismatic come out from her pal before four balls of energy appeared running around that ring. One was green. Another, yellow. One was a burning orange. And the other? A void of black and purple.

"And yet, there she sat within her tower..."

Soon, the scene changed to right outside castle as that same plume of teal smoke came up.