Vol. Six Ch. Eleven: Oh No, You Cordon't

~Third Person~

In the dropship Baker had taken, she growled softly. So much time, so many scars, so many failures. This wasn't her! Hell, she was an IMC Pilot after all! Like hell she was going to let that robotic failure of a man take that away from her, just because he was too busy checking in on his boy. No. To hell with that.

Right now? She was midway to Atlas after having successfully slipped under the radar. Not to mention, the boy and his friends made the perfect opportunity for her to slip on by. Yet...back on shore? Haytham looked on from the rooftop that he stood upon with his boy not long ago. Handing gently gliding a whetstone against the blade.

~First Person~

"Evasive maneuvers!"

"I know how to fly this, Boy!"

"Hey! My name back home was Aviator for a reason!"

This was getting dicey. Really fucking dicey. First, Blake goes MIA and now Cordovin had a goddamn failed steroid Ogre!

"You're joking, right!? You want us to fight that thing!?"

"We've fought giant monsters before. This is just a tiny old lady...with one very big robot..."

"Then...I think the job is more up to me-"

Before I could speak after Weiss and Ruby exchanged a bit? Cordovin rudely interrupted me.

"You little spider-roaches thought you could creep your way to ATLAS?! Well, let's see how your resolve holds out against the might of the Atlesian Military!"

Spider-roaches-? THAT'S A FUCKING MISSILE POD!!! A, guess you call it gauntlet, rose up from the wrist of the literal handcannon before unleashing a missile system. One that tracked down Weiss and Maria, before exploding and just barely missing the two. Immediately I looked beside me to see Ruby holding CR with a smoking barrel.

With a glare, I turned back to Cordovin's giant mech and growled as the others took out their weapons as Cordovin let out a growl. Turning towards us with that same rocket system at the ready.

"SO BE IT!!!"

"Think we can shoot 'em all out the sky?"

"Hm...Winner buys food."

Oh you're on! Ruby and I took on a position with our weapons at the ready to fire at the damn rockets again. But Cordovin faked us out as the wrist of the mech shifted with a charged shot aimed towards us. Yet before we could even do anything, one of Weiss' glyphs appeared in front of us before a rockwall took its place. One that blocked the shot effortlessly as it was now coated in a nice sheet of spikey ice.

Looking behind us? We would see Maria's ship and Weiss with Myrtenaster held upwards before stepping forward with a scowl. Oscar sorta shaking in his boots, and even I was a bit taken aback.

"T-That was close!"

"I oughta say...Thanks, Snow Angel."

"Nobody points a giant dust cannon at my boyfriend."

Hot...Soon her and Ruby stood together, weapons at the ready and even scowls to match.

"We need to figure out how to stop Cordovin and protect the airhsip until we do."

"Let's give her more targets to focus on!"

"...Huh...?"

We shifted to Jaune when he spoke up. Nora was first to wring out the washcloth.

"You mean us, don't you?"

"Look at that thing! It's not designed for small enemies. It's probably meant for giant Grimm that come in from deeper waters!"