Vol. Six Prologue: Where We Stand

~Third Person~

Today was the day. Everyone was going to begin the journey to Argus, a port city of Anima and even a checkpoint for Atlas. And overall? It was a tad hectic around the house-

"Where is my brush!?"

"I dunno! Check in the bathroom!"

"I already did!"

Really hectic. Ruby and Yang were yelling to one another as the former poked her head out of the bathroom. Yang, who poked her own out of the girl's bedroom, would lock eyes with her. The two soon barking at one another as a passing Oscar chuckled as he held a little backpack.

Yet as he did? He was a tad distracted as he failed to see the young Pilot (Y/N) approaching. Causing the two to sort of collide, with the latter grabbing Oscar's shoulders to really prevent him from falling.

"Sorry! I got distracted!"

"Hey, don't sweat it. It's a little crazy at the moment. You heading to the room?"

(Y/N) gave Oscar a toothy little grin as he stepped back. Oscar responded with a small nod as the Pilot gave a small chuckle. Soon the two began again and entered the boy's room which was completely empty minus a few little things that were being left behind and a drawer that belonged to Oscar.

Setting the backpack down, Oscar would turn just in time to step to the side as (Y/N) approached holding that same drawer after pulling it out. He placed the drawer down onto the bed before sitting down on the corner as Oscar began to pack. The two were left in silence for a bit before the Pilot of the two broke it with a chuckle.

"How's the ruffian munch mark holding up?"

"Huh? O-Oh! From the other day! Well, doctor cleared me fully. Still a little sore from the needles."

"Good! Good. Last thing we need is a feral foam at the mouth farmboy turning Cujo on us."

He gave a small chuckle into his fist as Oscar gave a smaller one. One that the Pilot caught onto as he looked at him before sighing.

"Overwhelming?"

"A little...Just...more so...why do you act so nice with me? N-Not that I mind it!"

Oscar was quick to wave his hands in hopes of defusing a bomb he may have unintentionally planted. But there was no bomb at all as (Y/N) chuckled it away with a wave of his own hand.

"Hey, no need to freak out. I understand! But to answer you? Simple. I stated before I got conscripted into this life, and Ozpin may have some little memories for you too."

"Yeah...A little interview you two did...?"

Oscar looked at him with a questioning look that made the Pilot chuckle and snap his fingers. Standing up, he would pull that large sniper rifle he carried around known as Shallow Horkos off his shoulder. He soon racked the bolt back to eject the chambered round that he set aside before undoing the magazine. Causing Oscar to look on in awe.

"It was right after I met him. He wanted to legitimize my presence on campus by doing an audio recording for my file."

"He seemed to have done a lot for you...And against you..."

"Yeah... Yeah...A lot of people did. Which is why...I fight every day. Not just because of the IMC or Cinder and Company. No. It's because this world is worth fighting for. That I realized early one. I owe it to them, even if they held back info."

He said this as he examined the chamber of the kraber-styled sniper before sliding the bullet back in. Sliding the bolt forward, he slid the magazine in and then proceeded to aim at the wall. Oscar had paused...to sigh out.