Chapter 36

Robert's POV

"Did your father ever say he didn't like me?" I asked still confused

"No, for god sakes he walked me down the aisle, he introduced us." She said laying naked on my chest

"Then why would he go to San Diego and tell Ryan you still want him?"

"I don't know." She said not convincing at all

"Andrea." I said sternly. She raised herself off of my chest, bracing with one hand and the other on my chest.

"A while ago... I asked my dad if he knew how Ryan was going and that I missed having him around..." she said not meeting my eyes

"Wow, just wow." I said pushing her off of me, raising from the couch and putting on my sweatpants

"Robert..."

"Don't." I said bluntly before walking away.

Andy's POV
A few hours later

"Are you coming to bed?" I asked softly

"No." He said not taking his eyes off the tv. He hasn't spoken to me since I told him about what I did. I don't know why I asked about Ryan, especially to my father... my life is so good, so happy but I've managed to hurt the one man who doesn't deserve it.

"Robert..." I said sadly realizing this is the first time he is not coming to bed with me. He didn't respond.

"I love you." I said softly but loud enough that he can hear me before walking up to our bedroom. After a few minutes I heard footsteps coming up the stairs so I thought he was coming to bed but he walked straight past our room and went into J's. I laid on the cold empty bed hugging his pillow trying my best to fall asleep but I couldn't, I just laid there watching the clock as the hours slowly went by.

It is now 3 a.m and I haven't been able to fall asleep and we have work in the morning. So I decided to go in James' room.

I walked in to see Robert shirtless with James laying completely on top of him. Robert feet were hanging off the bed because the bed was made for a one year old. My first instinct was to put a chair under Robert's feet because he tends to have a problem with his leg. So I quietly picked up one of the baby chairs in the room and placed it gently under his feet. I looked at my handsome boys one more time before turning around and gently pushing down the door knob to leave.

"Come here." I heard his low musky voice echo through the room. I turned around shocked and a lil caught off guard.

"I know you haven't slept, because I haven't either... no talking just come." He said sternly before moving around to make a space for me. I began walking to the bed while he opened his free arm for me to lay in. I immediately got under the blanket, placed my head in the crook of his neck and placed my hand on his hand which was on James.

I don't know why I did what I did but all I know it was a mistake. Ryan has hurt me more than I could count and there is no way I want him in my life or in my family's life. I am so angry with my father for just assuming I wanted Ryan back, and I am even more upset that he doesn't love or even respect Robert. Robert has been my husband for 6 years and the love of my life for 8. For god sakes he introduced us to each other.