2 | Let Carlos get hurt

Instead, it was the most charming man she had ever seen. He had thick curly black hair and dark eyebrows, he had long eyelashes that almost touched his well-defined cheeks.

Annabella blushed and soon her ears became red. Unknowingly tears started to form in her eyes and they were now raining down. She did not realize it until her hands that were on her thigh began to feel moist. Her heart was aching, she had betrayed Carlos. What was she going to do?

She had lost her innocence to a stranger and she was about to get married.
She stood there motionless, trying to figure out what to do. Shortly after she got off the bed, took up her torn clothes, got dressed, and prepared to exit the room. Annabella started to hear ruffling under the sheets, she realized that the man on the bed was about to wake.

She pranced out of the room not paying attention to the aching of her lower body. As she closed the door she realized that she went into the wrong room. Her body trembled.

After hearing footsteps coming from the other side of the door, she rushed to the stairs as fast as she could. She had to escape unseen.
Annabella decided that she was going to break off all ties to Carlos, even though she loved him, she had to do what was right.

What would she do if he found out what happened, would he love her the same?

She didn't want him to be with an impure girl like herself. She couldn't live with herself knowing that she cheated on him five days before the wedding and still went and married him as if nothing had happened. She thought of everything already.

Even though she was going to leave Carlos, she didn't want him to know the reason why she was ending this relationship. She would rather cry and feel all the pain than let Carlos get hurt. "You stupid, good-for-nothing girl!" she condemned herself.

She did not blame the man in the room. She was the one that took the initiative and did not clarify if it was Carlos first. Annabella managed to leave the hotel without being caught by Adane. She hailed a taxi and drove home. Annabella entered her house and went straight to the shower to take a bath.

She had a forty minutes bath under the hot shower. She wanted the water to be hotter so she could punish herself for cheating on Carlos. She cried the entire time. When she came out of the bathroom, it was already ten in the morning. She wore a blue tank top with white
sweats.

Her eyes were swollen. She was mourning, no one could tell how she felt at the moment. Her body was painted with the love bites of a stranger.

She tried her best to rub his traces off while bathing, but nothing worked

She tried her best to rub his traces off while bathing, but nothing worked. Even though she was disgusted with the marks, she had to admit that she enjoyed the last night. Annabella sighed.
Annabella mustered up the courage to go and Tell Carlos that the wedding is off.

On her way walking to his house which was just five blocks away, she thought of ways how to break the news to him. Carlos had bought an apartment close to her so they could visit often.

________________________________

Looking at the modern two-story building before her, tears filled her eyes

Looking at the modern two-story building before her, tears filled her eyes. This was where she was planning to raise a family with Carlos, that plan was now destroyed. She was going to end it with Carlos. She was going to lose her one true love. The thought of it broke her heart.

All the good and bad memories played like a trailer in her mind. Annabella was about to break into tears. She sniffed, took out the keys that Carlos gave her, and entered the house. The living room was not as tidy as she remembered.

Annabella thought it was because she didn't go to the room Carlos told her last night and he was angry. Her heart felt as if it had been stabbed. She was about to call Carlos and opened her mouth. No words fell. The thought of her calling him to tell him that they were done didn't seem right. She had to go and tell him, not let him come down to hear those unforgivable words. Annabella went to the stairs, and what caught her eye was a pair of red lace underwear. Her body began to tremble.

"Did Carlos cheat on me too?"

Asking herself that question, she felt pain, but she cheated on him. What made her speechless was that the underwear was very similar to hers. She had bought it as a birthday present for her younger sister by two minutes, Hanna-Kay.

Annabella's body stood still. This was not happening. She trusted Hanna-Kay. She had to find out if this was a misunderstanding. As she started walking up the stairs she saw a green emerald bracelet. It was Hanna-Kay's. She felt as if bullets were piercing through her body. She looked at her left hand to see her matching sea-blue emerald bracelet, only to find that it was gone.

She had left it in that hotel room.
Annabella had no time to think about that. She had to find out if it was Hanna-Kay. As she arrived at Carlos' bedroom door, her body broke down with what came into her ears.