8 | Pain

Stephan was under a lot of pressure. He even considered quitting. Knowing that he had to provide for his family, he didn't.

Adane cut off his family.

Each time he visited, they mercilessly interrogated him about getting married and having children. Him, knowing that Bella was out there, probably struggling and bearing the pain alone to have his child made him angrier with himself.

He started going to therapy, but that didn't work. 

He blamed himself every day for having too much confidence in himself. Believing that he could win her heart after the business trip and marry her. Looking back, he thought he was foolish.

...

In her new town, Bella was doing her regular morning walks. She was in the third trimester of her pregnancy. There are only three more weeks until the due date.

Her belly was bulging, and she ate a lot. She was told by her doctor that she should come in two weeks before the delivery date to ensure that there were no accidents.

She was told that she could do C-section eight months after being pregnant, but she decided on doing live birth.

Verona got herself a boyfriend, Mario. He was a doctor at the hospital , and they went to do check-ups on Bella's condition.  Mario was only five years older than Bella and three Verona.

He was loving and caring and always looked out for them. Bella's bond with Verona had gotten stronger. Even though they had money, they did part-time jobs in the first and second trimesters of the pregnancy.

They would go to the park, watch movies, go shopping, and talk about life.

Verona told Bella that she would be going back to school a month after the delivery. Bella wanted to go back to school, too, but being a mother would take up her time, and she didn't trust babysitters.

She encouraged Verona to go back to school. Verona had done a lot for her, and Bella didn't want to hold her back.

Usually, Verona would walk with Bella in the morning, but she was sick today. Bella decided to go by herself to enjoy the fresh air. After walking for a while, she felt hungry.

A biscuit and breakfast café was close to their neighborhood in the town, which was a ten minutes walk. Bella decided to go buy something to eat. On her way, she noticed that it was very busy. Cars were coming to and fro, and people were walking going about their businesses.

Bella almost arrived at the café when she saw an old man crossing the road. It didn't seem out of the ordinary, but Bella's sharp eyes caught a car that was speeding in the old man's direction.

Bella rushed in the direction of the old man, forgetting that she was carrying multiple babies.

As the car was about to hit the old man, Bella pulled him backward? Both of them fell to the ground.

The minute she fell, Bella felt a pain surging in her lower abdomen and shrieked.