42 | PLAYED

"What's up?" Bella asked, her voice deliberately weak, as if she'd had justmwoken up from a deep slumber.

"B-Bella," Kay stammered, " I need your help. Please help me. The plan went wrong. I got caught, the news is everywhere."

"Keep calm," Bella instructed, her voice firm. Kay, where are you? I'll try to get you out of this as soon as I can."

"I'm in my pent house at the KW hotel," Kay replied, her voice trembling. "The reporters are everywhere. They'vegotphotos, Bella. Theyknoweverything."

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. Stay put."

Bella’s fingers danced across her phone’s screen, her nails tapping out a message to Carlos.

Carlos had just arrived at the KW hotel, his jaw set in determination. he sat in his car, trying to think of where Kay might be. but he was distracted by the buzz in his pocket. An unknown number.

The message was succinct, cutting through the air like a blade: “Your wife seemed to have enjoyed herself last night. I heard that the man wasn’t the only one with her. Your wife is hiding now, and I know her exact location.”

Carlos clenched his fists. “Who are you, and what do you want?” Carlos typed back, his anger palpable.

“I’m just someone who wants you to get the happiness you deserve,” came the cryptic reply.

“Is that so…" Where is Kay then?” Carlos demanded.

*"Send two hundred million to this bank account, and I’ll tell you. **********" The unknown sender’s audacity was infuriating.

“Two hundred million! Are you crazy!?” Carlos fumed, his knuckles white against the steering wheel. He’d built an empire, but even he had limits.

“No, I don’t think so. I’ll be going now since you think my price is too high.” The mocking emoji was the final straw.

Carlos’s mind raced. He’d just arrived at the KE hotel, but he didn’t know where Kay was. Panic clawed at him. He had to negotiate, he wanted Kay to pay for what she had done.

“I don’t have two hundred million at the moment,” Carlos typed, his pulse racing. “If you give me her location, I can give you 50 million now.” It was a gamble, but desperation fueled his words.

Bella’s reply was swift, "50 million is quite a small amount for a billionaire like you. Send the money, and I’ll give you the location of your loving wife.” Bella knew how to twist the knife.

Carlos was deep in thought. He didn't respond.

Bella then responded, "One hundred and fifty."

Carlos was getting angrier by the second. Soon, they agreed that Carlos would give Bella one hundred million dollars.

In minutes, the transfer was complete. Bella’s bank account blinked with the influx of wealth. She smirked, her eyes cold as ice. Then she sent Carlos a video, a glimpse into Kay’s dispair.“Your wife is in the building before you. 25th floor—the penthouse that you gave her.”

Bella blocked Carlos’s number, her mind already calculating the fallout. Bella wasn’t just a businesswoman; she was a puppet master, pulling strings in the shadows. Carlos was about to dance to her tune.

After sending the message, Bella blocked Carlos' number and told Verona to encrypt her bank account.

Carlos felt he was made a fool of. He had just been played.
To hide the reporters, he disguised himself and entered the hotel and made his way to the pent house.

Carlos typed in Kay's pass code and entered the pent house. He opened the door to see Kay sulking on the sofa in the living area.

"You little B***h!" Carlos went over to Kay calling her. "How dare you cheat on me?"

When Kay realized what had happened, she had already received a slap in the face. Carlos' hand towered on her cheek.

"You hit me!?" Kay shouted, standing and trying to hit back Carlos. Before she could do it, Carlos grabbed her hand and threw her violently on the floor.

He then got down on the floor and started shouting.
"You destroyed my company's reputation, you s**t. You being a s**t I'll just treat you like one."

Carlos strated to ripp off Kay's blouse.

"NO! NO! Stop, don't do this, please." Kay begged.

"You weren't saying that last night when those men were on top of you, huh?"

"Please, Carlos, please." Kay pleaded.

He ripped her bra

"So you want me, huh?" Carlos scoffed as he looked at the love marks all over her body. He got angrier.

"How told you to let another man touch your body?" 
As he said that, Carlos dragged off Kay's shorts.

"NO, it's not that. Don't touch me, please."

"For the past two years, you wanted me to touch you. I'm giving you your wish. Why are you refusing me now?"

Carlos made his way to her underwear, but just as he was about to tug it, the room door burst open.

Carlos became startled and lost his focus. With this distraction, Kay managed to move a small distance away from Carlos.

Five men in a black suit entered the room and started to beat Carlos. Carlos tried to fight back but to no avail.

One of the men then went over to Kay.

Kay became afraid and started to move backward. When she heard the man say that they were sent by Bella, you could sew that she was at ease.

With the help of the men in the black suit, Kay managed to escape from the KW hotel. Carlos was left beaten and bruised.

Bella didn't want Adane to know about her revenge, but he found out anyway.
When Adane saw what had happened to Kay, he hired a media team to let the news go viral. He also received the video of how Carlos was going to rape Kay.

He was going to post the video, but he realized Kay looked a lot like Bella. He didn't want anyone to look at Bella naked, and he didn't want anyone to mistake Bella for Kay in the video.

Bella called back Kay  and asked her if she was okay. Kay replied that she was doing better.

After ending the call, someone told them to release the pictures.

In a matter of minutes, the news about Kay was competing with another eye catcher.