CHAPTER 9

BreakThrough

HowItDoesn'tFeelToBeAlive

Two Days Later

Occult Research Club

Rias winced as the needle pierced her skin and entered into one of her veins. While she was the heir of the Gremory Clan, needles always made her feel uncomfortable...

"Good," said Orochimaru as he watched the blood flow from the needle and into the awaiting blood bag. It was after school and Orochimaru had on his usual business suit while Rias' peerage had on their school uniform. The Gremory heir was sitting in her desk chair while clenching a stress ball to force more blood out of her veins "seems like everything is going smoothly."

"This is uncomfortable..." Rias muttered as she looked at the needle protruding from her arm.

"Uncomfortable, but necessary." Orochimaru said as he sipped some tea. "We did our part and now it's your turn. Aren't you glad that you're out your marriage? I thought you'd be more grateful than this."

"I am grateful, truly, but needles will always be one of my many weaknesses." she answered.

"Fufufu, don't worry about it, Buchou. This pain isn't all that bad~" Akeno said with a chuckle "I didn't know you had such weak skin. Maybe Orochimaru was right about you all along~"

"And that's why I like your [Queen] more than I like you, Princess." Orochimaru said with his own laugh. "I feel like Akeno has better qualities of a [King] more than you do..."

"Shut up." Rias said with a depressing cloud over her head.

"What about Sona's blood, Mr. Orochimaru?" asked Kiba.

"I received her blood during our lunch break. With the Princess' blood with me, now we have all the blood we need to realize our goals."

"And just what are those goals?" asked Rias.

"You'll learn soon, kukuku..." he said with a creepy laugh. "I see our friend Hao didn't harm the young Phenex. Are you happy about that?"

"Yes, I am. He really played with my emotions." the red head said with a sigh. "I'm just glad she's okay. I don't know how I could live with myself at the cost of someone innocent."

"Ho, ho, like how you did with Issei?"

Rias winced again, only it wasn't from the pain from the needle in her arm. She looked over to Issei, who once was quietly eating some of the cookies Akeno had made, but now he was staring at her with cold eyes. She clenched her fist and shamefully avoided his eyes on her. While they were doing okay, Issei still held onto his distrust for the girl. He had lost his humanity, freedom, and first love because of her and it was something he'd never forget.

"Stop... saying things like that." she whispered. Orochimaru laughed at her sorrow-ridden face.

"Sure, as long as you're happy, I'm happy, fufufu."

"When will this thing be over with?" she asked.

"Give it 5 minutes and it'll all be over. You'll have paid off your debt and everything will be peachy between us now." said Orochimaru "However, there was something I'd like to talk to you all about."

"Which is?" Rias asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Kiba" said boy turned his head towards the snake man "how would you feel if you died in a Rating Game."

"Well... I wouldn't be too happy about that, but since I would be dead, I wouldn't be able to feel anything."

"Right. So who would you feel if I were able to save Rias from being killed just because she's a high-class devil and you're just considered a weak, low-class devil?"