CHAPTER 23

BreakThrough

ThreeStepsAhead

2 Days Later...

Old Royal Capital: Lucifaad Palace Ballroom

Inside of the massive palace of Lucifaad was a ballroom full of devils. Since the Devil Exams were now over, the decision on who would be a part of the legendary 'Rookie Four' would be announced at this party hosted by the Four Satans. The participants of the Devil Exams were fully healed of the injuries during the two day break while the Satans decided upon whose performance proved them worthy as a member of the 'Rookie Four'.

Inside of the huge ballroom were various tables reserved for those associated with the participants of the Devil Exams and other notable Devils with political power. Maids and butlers were scattered about, serving those who were seated at their reserved sections. If not at a reserved table, the Devils in the room took to talking in groups in the ballroom. Some even took to dancing as the beautiful sounds produced by the various harps, trumpets, violins and other instruments were played elegantly by their masters, all seated next to the main stage where the announcement would happen.

The main stage was in the back of the massive ballroom, and on that stage were four seats, all of which were occupied by the Four Satans as they watched the party continue. While they were whispering amongst themselves every now and then, their eyes were usually on the crowd, spotting anything of interest.

On the back-right most side of the room from stage's perspective, was Naruto's reserved table. Because Lee was a participant of the Devil Exams, he and anyone associated with him were allowed reserved seating for the gathering. The same could be said for Rias, as she was seated with her parents, a few members of the Gremory Clan and her peerage members. Issei, while he was a participant in the Devil Exam, decided to sit along with his [King] since he didn't come from any Devil Clan. Not far away from the Gremory's and Issei was Sairaorg, seated with his peerage members and a few Bael Clan members.

At Naruto's round table, was Naruto himself and his peerage, holding casual conversation. However, an extra member also joined them for the festive party. It was Gabriel, clothed in her usual angelic garbs and luminous smile, seated at Naruto's right. Everything was going well for the group as they continued to wait for the announcement of winners for the Devil Exam...

"...and make sure that all three fishes are baked! And add that sauce that I had last time during the Exams! That shit was good as hell..." mumbled Kisame as he searched through the menu given to them. Standing beside him was a short butler who was sweating bullets while writing down everything Kisame demanded. The shark man was known by many of the servants working during the Devil Exams of his brutal and specific orders, and the butler didn't want to be on the receiving end of Kisame's wrath if anything was wrong.

Yoh, Anna, and Hao were seated across from Kisame and watched him abuse his rights of the free food, "Kisame, maybe you shouldn't order so much food? Other Devils have to eat as well..." said Yoh with a sweat drop.

"Shut the hell up, Yoh!" snapped the blue-skinned man with a snarl, "I deserve all of this food! Do you know how hard I've been working to get this type of privilege?! Now that I have it, I'm gonna take advantage of it!"

"Just let the blue-slob do what he wants, Yoh." said Anna, eating a piece of sushi elegantly with a pair of chopsticks, moving her long, flowing locks out of the way as she ate, "His dinner etiquette is just a reflection of his stupidity..."

"hIS dInNeR etiquEtTe iS JUsSt a ReflECtiOn of his sTupIIditYyyyy-SHUT UP!" he shouted at the shaman, "I was minding my business-eating my damn food-and here comes miss "I've-got-a-stick-so-far-up-my-ass-that-I-only-sit-on-one-ass-cheek" having-ass messing up my happiness! Yoh! Handle your wife! Hao! Handle whatever the fuck she is to you!"