CHAPTER 40

BreakThrough

Issei groaned as laid down on one of the couches inside the Occult Research Club building. "Man...school is really lame..." he muttered, resting his head on one of the couch pillows, "...with everything that's going on, going to school really feels pointless..."

"I think going to school is pretty fun, Ise." replied Asia, sitting at Rias' old desk as she was the new President of the Occult Research Club, "Going to Kuoh makes me feel normal...I sometimes forget we're in a war with the Khoas Brigade."

"That and I plan on going to college like Bucho and Akeno-senpai." added Kiba, the new Vice President of the club, "I won't be able to go to college if I drop out, after all."

"I guess....I don't know if I'm gonna go to college..." mumbled Issei, picking the dirt from under his nails, "I think I've got too much to handle now..."

"But, Ise...didn't you mention that you wanted to be a doctor or something before?" asked Xenovia.

"I did?...when did...."

"Well, do you have an interest in anything that you'd want to do?" she asked.

"Well...I think I want to do something in a hospital." He answered.

"A hospital? Why's that?" Yuuma curiously asked.

"Uhm....I've never told this to anyone before, so use this as proof that I trust you." He said seriously, which surprised Yuuma. He was smiling all throughout their date and he never had put such force behind his words.

"My mother and father...they've tried to have children before me...two or three times, I think....well, my mother had miscarriages for each one of them." He said a little hesitantly.

"Oh my gosh." Yuuma covered her mouth in shock. Two or three miscarriages? She couldn't have imagined going through something like that.

"Yeah. When I heard that, it made me have a higher respect for life, even though I do a lot of questionable things..." he said as he thought back to all of his perverted tendencies/addiction.

"What type of questionable things are yo-

"Anyway!" he exclaimed, trying to bring back the topic at hand, "When my mother was pregnant with me, my father went to some shrine and prayed for me to survive, and I did. So, they named me 'Issei' for honest, which is meant for my father's honest prayers for me to live."

"Wow." Yuuma's respect for Issei's parents increased dramatically after hearing that. "Your parents are very brave and noble for having faith that you'll live."

"yeah. My parents are the best." He said with a smile as he thought about the people who took care of him, "So, anyway, when I learned that, I thought about how cool it would be to, ya know...deliver kids or something like that. I don't know...I've always liked those doctor shows and stuff, but I'm not a fan of the blood."

"Yeah!" Yuuma said with a giggle. She now saw Issei in a new light. Not only was he cool, but he also had an honorable dream.

".....I...I did say that...huh..." thought Issei as he reminisced the past, "Huh...well should I go to college? My life is already kinda busy...I don't think I'd have time for it. I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes..."

Issei sighed as he rested his eyes, ignoring the various conversations happening within the room. The Occult Research Club had gotten larger, adding people like Irina, Kunou, the daughter of Yasaka, ruler of Kyoto, La Fay Pendragon, descendent of Morgan le Fay and King Arthur, Bennia Orcus, a Grim Reaper that was once Sona's after she traded her to Issei to continue the fight against the Khoas Brigade , Ingvild Leviathan, Tosca, a regular human that was a survivor to the same Holy Sword Project Kiba was in as a child, and Rossweisse becoming the official club adviser.