Chapter Fifty-One

Hunter's POV:

  "So Hunter, what has you so happy and upbeat?" Eda asks during breakfast. "Oh uh, nothing," She looks at me weird. "Y'know, you suck at lying." "What do you mean?" "I mean you just suck at lying. Now, tell me why your so happy, unlike normal." I really don't want to tell her, but whatever. "I'm planning on asking out Edric today." Luz gasps. "Oh my god! You're finally doing it! I'm so proud of you!" She side hugs me. "Shush, don't tell him, I want to do it." "I won't, I promise."

  During the entire ride to school Luz is teasing me about the whole Edric situation.

  "Hey Edric, during third period, do you want to skip class with me?" Edric looks lost in thought. "Hey, Edric? You there man?" I wave my hand in front of his face. "Hm? Oh yeah, sorry. What were you saying?" "I asked if you wanted to skip third period? The teacher isn't to bitchy, he probably won't care." "Yeah, sure. It's better than sitting through Healthy Living; it's so boring."

  Third period cannot come any faster. Every minute feel like an eternity. I'm feeling really nervous about this all. Hopefully he doesn't reject me or worse, make fun of me. There is only one way to find out.

  "So fucking glad I'm out of that classroom." Edric basically collapses on the stairs in the secret hideout. "Same here. That class can't be anymore boring."

  "Hey, Hunter, I wanted to ask you something." Oh shit, did Luz or Emira tell him or something? "Hm? Yeah, what do you need?" He breathes in, very loud. "So, do you know how I can ask someone out? I'm kind of scared to ask them out. It's kinda embarrassing to be honest." He rubs the back of his neck.

  Great, just fucking great. On the one day I have enough confidence he wants advice to ask someone out.

  "Oh yeah, uh sure, I guess." I can't just be a bitch to him. He can like whoever he wants, even if it hurts me. "Oh thank titan. Dude, your the best!" "Yep, your welcome." I'm currently trying to fight back the urge to cry.

  "Soo, how do I ask them out? Do I have to give them flowers or something?" "I would suggest just going up to them and just go 'Hey dude, I like you. Want to go out with me or some shit?' You don't have to be too classy." Edric looks at me, obviously doubting me. "I think calling them dude will make them walk away." I glare at him. "You know what I mean!"

  "This is going to be so embarrassing. So to go over the plan, I just go up to them and just be straight forward?" "Mhm, yep!" My voice cracks at the end of that. "Alright, thanks dude, I'm gonna go tell them." "Okay, good luck..." I fucking hate this.

  Edric starts off to the door, but he turns around abruptly. "What are you doing?" He starts walking over to me. "Hey, Hunter? Do you think you would want to go out with me?"

**

525 words

;)

Have a great day/night =)