Chapter Six

I almost run to the Throne Room, pushing past everyone that steps into my way,

  "Hey kid, shouldn't you be with your parents?" A snarky coven guard says, glaring at me. "If you can't tell, I fucking work here. Now get out of my way, I need to see Emperor Belos." I retort, pulling up my sleeve to show the guard my coven emblem. "Oh, deepest apologizes, sir. I will let you be on your way." "You better be." I mutter, continuing my walk to the Throne Room.

°°

  I barge into the Throne Room, the doors hitting the walls with a giant slam.

  "Your late," Uncle says, standing up from his throne. I bow down, "My apologizes, sir. It was a fifteen minute walk from there-" Uncle cuts me off, holding a hand up to my face," I don't want your excuses. I expect better of you, Hunter." "Yes, it will never happen again."

  "What were you doing that was too important to tell me?" Uncle asks, looking down at me. "I was helping a couple of kids in some of my classes with Social Studies. We lost track of time." "Do you know the children's name?" "Yes, Edric and Emira Blight." He looks at me questionably, "Ah, the Blight twins." I nod. "At least you are not with delinquents. But now, I want to know if anything wrong was going on at Hexside? That is the reason I sent you there."

°°

  Ten minutes of explaining my day to Uncle, and I am finally excused to go to my room.

  As soon as I get inside my room, I throw my backpack off and flop down onto my bed. Rascal flys over to me, most likely sensing that something is wrong with me, "What do you want, Bird?" I ask, lifting my head up from off my pillow. He chirps. "Thanks for the encouragement, buddy."

°°

  After couple minutes of me contemplating my life and sitting on bed with my head in my hands, I finally decide to take a shower. I haven't showered in a couple days because I haven't really had the motivation to, hooray for motivational issues.

°°

  Fuck, a long, hot, twenty minute shower was just what I needed to calm down my thoughts.

  I change into some more comfier clothes, a pair of sweats, a Galactic Battles t-shirt, and some mismatched socks because I'm not an animal that doesn't wear socks to bed.

°°

  Today didn't go as bad as I thought it would; I think my mind was making it seem worse than it actually turned out to be. I'm still a little surprised that I managed to talk to someone new today.

  I am actually kind of excited for tomorrow, well, excited isn't the correct word but I can't figure out how to express how I feel otherwise.

°°

  Ten o'clock rolls around and for the first time in a while, I am finally able to fall asleep.

**

492 words

Sorry that this chapter is shorter than the others

Have a great day/night <3