Part 67

I was shaken awake by a nurse early the next morning. I left Uriah's room and headed towards the dorms. I entered the room to find that Peter was the only one there, he was surrounded by maps with red markings on them. I headed to the showers after I grabbed some clothes. I was thankful that the girls in the compound liked Tris enough to have given us more than enough extra clothing that I had more options than I knew what to do with. I decided on something warm since it was snowing today. When I was out of the shower I slipped on a large red sweater and wrapped my hair in a towel before I headed back to the dorm. I was glad that the sweater was long enough to cover my butt as I moved through the room. Peter was still sitting on his bed but Four had joined him in the room.

"If I was a psychopath I would have killed you in your sleep by now." Peter was saying to Four.

"And added my eyeballs to your eyeball collection." Four and Peter laughed together at the joke. I watched for a moment and realized neither of them realized I was there. I sat on my bed quietly and set about drying my hair as I watched the two of them interact.

"Maybe you should join my little group. It's only Caleb and I but given how easy it is to get on the girl's bad side I'm sure our numbers will grow." Peter offered.

"You're right it is easy to get on her bad side. All you have to do is try to get her killed." Four responded. Peter had taken off his shoes and leaned against the wall with his fingers laced over his stomach.

"I'm just saying if she decides someone is worthless, everyone usually follows suit. Except Wren. That's a strange talent for someone who used to be a Stiff. Maybe too much power for one person right?" Peter asked Four.

"Her talent isn't for controlling other people's opinions, it's for being right about people. Though she isn't always right, if Wren agrees with her I know to trust them." Four said as he moved off the bed Peter was sitting on. 

"Whatever you say Four." Peter responded. Four left the dorm but not before he noticed me sitting cross legged on my bed with my legs still bare. His gaze followed my bare skin to the edge of my sweater and then he was gone out of the room. 

"He's still in love with you." Peter said as I pulled on a pair of tight black pants before lacing up my boots.

"He never stopped, he just chose Tris."

"Imagine how different things would have been if he had chosen you."

"It doesn't matter. I don't want to be with him." I said as I gave Peter a kiss and left the room. Cara was passing by me and without a word grabbed my arm and dragged me with her as she headed towards the atrium.

"There you are, it's scary how easy it is to lose people here." Cara called when she found Four among the flowers.

"What is it?"

"Are you alright Four?" Cara asked. Four bit his lip hard.

"I'm fine, what's up?"

"We're having a meeting and you're needed."

"Who is' we'?" I asked beating Four to the punch.

"GDs and GD sympathizers who can't let the Bureau get away with certain things."

"Hopefully with better planners than the last time." I mumbled and Cara nodded.

"Well I'm not getting involved again." Four shook his head.

"Don't be foolish, the truth you were told is still the truth. These people are responsible for the deaths of most of Abnegation and the enslavement of Dauntless and the destruction of our way of life. Something has to be done about them." Cara insisted. Cara grabbed Four's hand and dragged both of us down the hotel hallway. Once she was sure we were both going to keep following her she dropped both of our hands. Cara and Four chatted and I watched as the people around us sneered at Four or moved far out of our way as we moved through the hallways.