Memories: The Finale (3/3)

5TH DAY IN VILLAGE

So many things have happened. Simon's death, Brador's death, discovering that the Hunter's Nightmare was due to the sins of the hunters that came long before. Our protagonists made their way through the fish village killing any inhabitants in their way. Now they're at the peak of their journey.

Ahead of them a nightmare fog lingers. The only thing that stands between them and freedom is the monstrosity that lays behind the fog, the source for the nightmare.

Y/N: This it it I guess. All that lays between us and freedom is whatever is ahead. Are you ready Eto?

Y/N held his moonlight blade on one hand and a hunter pistol on the other.

Eto: I am. It's time to exit out of this nightmare once and for all.

Her kakugan showed itself as they prepared for the worst.

Eto: Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah?

Eto: I just wanted to say if we both die............if we don't make it out alive....

She lets out a bright smile, warming his heart while holding her hand to his face.

Eto: *smile* You've been a great human friend. The best one I could ever had. I'll cherish our memories...darling.....

Y/N: Heh.

*smile* You read my mind

Eto/Y/N: Here it goes....'Our final challenge....'

They both cross through the fog and step onto a rocky beach. Ahead, the dim moon can be seen shining with shipwrecks out in the distance.

But something began to emerge.

ORPHAN OF KOS

Eto: That's the threat?

The forsakened child turns around, wielding a placenta. Y/N and Eto stop walking and stood just 10 meters away from the figure, staring at it as it stares at them.

Y/N: Yes. That's the child of Kos. Looks can be deceiving. You learned that the hard way with Maria and I had to save you back there. But prepare, this may be the hardest fight of our lives.

Eto nods and transforms into her kakuja state. For a minute both sides faced each other, waiting for someone to move as the wind howls.