LUKANETTE - LIES - PT 7

I got into my pj's and crawled up to bed. I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I was awoken not long afterwards by Tikki poking my cheek.

'Marinette! Wake up! Wake up!' she said urgently.

'Ugh, what's going on? It can't be morning already!' I groaned, still half asleep.

'Something's up! Isn't that the location of Prince Ali's birthday party? Tikki replied as she pointed out the window where a strange white sphere was growing slowly outwards.

Ugh, Shadowmoth... I thought. Seriously, can't he give it a rest? I groaned in my head.

'That doesn't look good' I said to Tikki, putting aside my exasperation. 'Guess we'd better find out what's happening. Tikki, spots on!' I said softly as I transformed and put my pillows under my blankets just in case my parents checked in on me.

I swung out the skylight window onto my balcony and towards the white sphere. As I got closer, through the white sphere I could just make out the akumatised person looked like Kagami.

I met Chat Noir outside City Hall backing slowly away from the sphere.

'Hey kitty, what are we dealing with this time?' I asked.

'A girl named Kagami has been akumatised into "Lies". Anyone who has ever lied that gets trapped inside her sphere gets paralysed!'

'That makes things difficult' I replied. Ironic how we just dealt with Truth and now we have to deal with Lies I thought to myself.

'What if I try a cata-' Cat Noir replied, raising up his arm as I stopped him.

'No, if you touch the sphere, you'll freeze!' I exclaimed.

'Not if I've always told the truth!' Chat replied.

'Is that the case?' I asked him doubtfully with a raised eyebrow.

'Hardly' he replied sheepishly. 'How about you?' he asked me.

'Of course not, Kitty. We're superheroes, we have to lie to keep our identities a secret. And if we touch that thing there'll be no one left to stop her swallowing up all of Paris!'

'Okay, so what do we do?' Chat asked me.

'Lucky charm!' I cried, activating my super power. I caught a box that held a camera drone with a remote.

'I'd love to see what you plan to do with a drone!' Chat smiled.

'Ok, so WE can't go inside, but I doubt this machine ever lied. So, you keep her busy while I send this spy drone inside' I replied. 'Let's stay in touch!' I added as I put my earpiece in as Chat did the same.

I sent the drone in to spy on Lies, and I notice the bracelet she's wearing.

'Chat, I know what the akumatised item is!' I exclaimed over our earpieces.

'Great, so break it!' Chat replied.

'How can I do that when I can't even touch it?' I asked.

'You're right, only someone who's never lied can get into that sphere to do it, but that doesn't exist!' he replied.

It seemed hopeless.

Then on the camera I noticed something still moving within the sphere. It was Fang, Jagged Stone's crocodile!

'Yes, it does Cat Noir! Fang! Jagged Stone's crocodile! He's never lied, he's an animal! He wouldn't know how!' I exclaimed.

'You're right! Great thinking LB!' Chat replied.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*