LUKANETTE S4 - EPHEMERAL PT 5

Cat Noir was watching from a distance and although he couldn't hear anything, he saw Ladybug's detransformation. He remains hidden, in complete shock until they have well and truly left.

Ladybug.... is.... Marinette? And Luka knows?! Cat Noir thinks to himself. His mind goes back to all the times Ladybug told him she has a boyfriend, seeing Luka and Marinette together so happy.

Cat Noir goes up to the surface and walks down the empty streets, seeing pictures of Paris's hero Ladybug, suddenly turn into Marinette before his eyes. He gasps. They seem to be everywhere he looks. He panics and leaps away, over the rooftops, trying to escape the pictures of Ladybug. But the billboards are still up from the Couple of the Year and all the pictures of Ladybug change to Marinette standing next to him in the picture.

He blinks his eyes, thinking his eyes were just playing tricks on him. He finally reaches his home and vaults up to the window.

'Claws in' he says, and detransforms as Plagg goes straight for a piece of Camembert.

'Did you just find out something you shouldn't have?' Plagg asks him with a raised eyebrow.

'I just can't believe it...all this time... Marinette was Ladybug' Adrien gasps as he collapses on his bed. 'Here I was thinking I'd moved on from Ladybug and Marinette and Ladybug are the same person?'

Plagg sighs. 'Well, you did always see Marinette as "just a friend."'

'But not now!' Adrien replies.

'But you could have before. She was obviously head over heels for you before Luka came on the scene' Plagg replies.

'What are you talking about?' Adrien replies.

'Well, when she was clumsy, couldn't get a complete sentence out in front of you and all that. She had a huge crush on you and you were the only one who couldn't see it.' Plagg grins.

'So you're telling me I could have had my lady all this time? Why didn't you tell me?'

'Because I'm not allowed to reveal holders identities remember?'

'How long have you known?'

'Since Dark Owl'

'That long!?' Adrien replies in shock.

'Yeah, when you had to close your eyes and detransform.'

Adrien sighs. 'I'm such an idiot not to see it before. But then I don't agree lately with how Ladybug treats me. And the fact Luka knows? As well as the whole Rena and Carapace can know their identities thing and we can't? I'm in two minds now...'

Plagg groans and flies up to his face. 'Are you still on that? I explained this to you. She's the guardian, she makes the decisions. It's not our job to question that!'

Adrien sighs. 'Yeah, yeah...' he flops onto his bed and sleep begins to take over his body.

*

Luka walks Marinette home. 'Oh, I don't want to wake my parents!' Mari whispers.

'Oh, I forgot to give you back the snake miraculous. Here, I have an idea. Come with me' Luka whispers.

They go into a alley and he says, 'Sass, scales slither!' He transforms into Viperion again. He picks her up bridal style and leaps up to the balcony, as she holds on tightly to his neck, giggling like a schoolgirl.

'My hero...' Mari whispers as he gently puts her down. She put her hands on his chest again, his snakeskin like suit feeling even more amazing on her bare hands. She could feel his heart beating faster and faster as Viperion puts his hands around her waist, pulling her in close to him.