LUKANETTE S4 - QILIN - PT 5

Cat Noir pops up at another manhole where Ladybug is waiting. 'The key to our problem!' he says, handing her the keys.

'Qilin!' Ladybug calls out.

'You again!' Qilin replies.

'Here are the keys!' Ladybug says, holding them up to her. 'See? I keep my promises!'

Qilin is contacted by Shadowmoth: "Qilin, don't let her trick you! Take her Miraculous!"

Everyone waits with baited breath, wondering what her answer will be.

Qilin sighs. 'No... that would be unfair!' Qilin breaks the connection between her and Shadowmoth.

'Nooo!!!' Shadowmoth cries out from his lair.

Qilin detransforms back into Sabine. Using the keys, Ladybug removes the handcuffs and breaks them, as the Akuma flies out.

'No more evil-doing for you, little akuma!' Ladybug says, as she swipes open her yo-yo. 'Time to de-evilize!' She captures the akuma. 'Gotcha!' She opens her yo-yo and releases the purified butterfly. 'Bye-bye, little butterfly!' She throws up her lucky charm. 'Miraculous Ladybug!!' The magical ladybugs repair the Hôtel de Ville and all of the carnage caused by Qilin.

Ladybug takes a magical charm out of her yo-yo and hands it to Sabine. 'Here is a magical charm. Always keep it with you; it'll protect you from Shadowmoth.' Sabine smiles.

'Pound it!' Ladybug and Cat Noir say together as they do their signature fist bump.

'All right, let's go to the station, now!' Roger says as he comes towards them.

'Yes, identity check, custody and the whole works!' the ticket inspector adds.

Cat Noir holds up his hand. 'Hang on, I know Miss Dupain-Cheng! No one in the world is more upright and honest than she is!'

Ladybug sighs. 'Roger, we won't stop you from doing your duty, but you have to promise me you won't use those handcuffs, and you'll wait for this lady's daughter to come back before you make any decisions. The law is a good thing, but you need humanity to apply it as well.'

Roger considers. 'Well- I promise, Ladybug' he smiles.

'What do you mean, Roger?' the ticket inspector replies.

'She's right!' Roger says.

*

Ladybug and Cat Noir leap away. Ladybug takes off the LadyCam and detransforms in secret. Luka comes running up to Sabine, and hands her bag back to her. They smile at each other. 'Thank you, Luka' Sabine says.

The ticket inspector hides behind Roger. 'Uh- say there, you're not gonna get akumatized again, are you?' he asks. Sabine groans.

Marinette comes running up. 'Mom! I've been looking for you everywhere! Happy Mother's Day, mom!' she says, giving her the bouquet of flowers. 'I'm a bit late, I know!' she laughs nervously. 'But I- I just had so much work recently, but someday I'll manage to handle it all just like you!' She hugs Sabine.

Sabine smiles. 'I know, darling.'

'Here are our tickets! I ran into Ladybug and she explained the problem to me!' Marinette says, handing them over to the ticket inspector and giving her mom back her wallet.

'So?' Roger asks him.

'They're... they're valid' the inspector sighs. 'You weren't lying.' Sabine groans.

'Does this mean we can cancel the fine and the ID check?' Roger asks.

'Well, that doesn't change the fact that this lady was on the bus without a ticket!' the inspector replies. 'The situation is a bit complex. But I guess that- yes it would be reasonable to cancel it all.'

Marinette sighs. 'The truth is- I was out of line too!' She looks to Sabine. 'I am so- so sorry, mom. This is all my fault.' She looks to the inspector. 'Which is why I'd like to pay the fine with my pocket money!'

'That's quite a responsible act young, lady!' the inspector says, impressed. He prints it out and hands it to her.

Marinette looks at the cost and laughs nervously. 'Uh, but just for now, could you lend me? Please?'

Sabine smiles. 'Sure honey.'

She gives the inspector 50 euros and he and Roger go on their way.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*