{Chapter 1}

^Miray as a baby.

{Don't forget to vote ❦}

When Miray took her first breath, her mother had already breathed her last. As one life entered the world with a cry of new beginnings, another slipped away in the silent embrace of eternity...

Her father, Arthur, who had been holding his wife's hand throughout the whole process, felt his heart leap into his throat when his wife's hand loosened after it was squeezing his hand tightly.

A sense of unreality came over him. This was not happening. His wife, the love of his life, cannot leave him. He felt his chest pain and his pulse pound in his throat.

Suddenly all the sounds died out, and his vision went blurry. He was looking at his wife, still holding her hand, refusing to let go. He could partially feel someone pulling him, the shadows of the doctors and nurses moving around his wife's bed.

The shock numbed him out like a drug.

Everything around him had slowed down to an abnormally slow pace and was kind of like a glitchy video game. He heard a high-pitched ringing in his ears. Or maybe someone was screaming?

The door to his wife's room opened, and a nurse came out holding a screaming baby. Her deafening screams brought him back to reality, and only then did he find out he was outside the operation room. He was still able to look inside from the big window glass, though.

The screaming child caught his attention again, and he turned his head toward the voice. The nurse headed toward him, showing him the baby to reassure him that his daughter was perfectly fine.

What the nurse failed to notice was the look of pure hatred that flashed across Arthur's face. That little monster was the last creature he wanted to check on. He wouldn't care less if she died or disappeared with no return.

After one last glance filled with disgust and hatred, his eyes once again found his wife behind the window. This time, she was left alone. The doctors were heading towards the exit while a nurse was still inside writing something down, probably recording the time of her death.

The doctor took his surgical mask off and looked at Arthur sympathetically.

"I am very sorry, but your wife has died." The doctor paused to let him process the information and then continued. "We tried our best but never got a heartbeat back. Your wife's heart was already too weak."

Arthur did not give any reaction. He just lost the most precious person in his life. He felt so much... so much that he couldn't feel anything anymore.

The doctor nodded and left Arthur alone to grieve the loss of his beloved wife...

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

The four brothers were sitting in the waiting room. Luke gently held a sleeping Noah in his arms, whispering sweet nothing whenever a group of nurses rushed into the hospital corridor, stirring him from sleep.

Damian sat beside him, looking into his phone and tapping his feet constantly. Vince sat on Luke's other side. His head fell on Luke's shoulder every now and then. Luke tried to convince him to just sleep, but he refused to. Typical Vince.

Suddenly, a nurse came out holding a crying baby in her arms. Damian was the first to leap to his feet and rush to the nurse to see the baby.