{Chapter 68}

It's extremely late here...ಥ‿ಥ

Anyway,

Don't forget to vote and comment.

I want to wake up tomorrow and find a lot of notifications... 

Don't let me down. 😩

I really try my best to update all the time!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Enjoy!

.

.

.

.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Ren woke up feeling dizzy and disoriented.

His head was throbbing, and Steve's sobbing sound made his pain worse.

"Oh God, thank you, omg," Steve sobbed, cupping Ren's face and roaming his eyes over his face.

He seemed hysterical.

He pulled Ren to his chest and continued crying, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he kept repeating, sounding desperate... like he was the one responsible for all their miseries.

The thing was, Steve kind of felt that it was his fault...

He couldn't help it...

The guilt.

The blaming.

Because, the time their mother was being raped, tortured, and murdered in front of his baby brother... Steve was drinking with his father and enjoying himself.

While his brother was watching their mother's head being smashed... Steve was laughing and joking around.

He knew that in the end, it wasn't his fault but the criminal's fault who got caught eventually, with Ren's and the CCTV camera's help, and it turned out that this wasn't his first crime as he had killed many women before...

Once he was arrested, the criminal committed suicide.

It was both relieving and agitating.

Steve somehow wanted to torture the man the same way he did to his mother... but in the end, he couldn't as the man took his life with his own hands.

To everyone, Steve looked totally fine.

He was handsome, rich, healthy, and always smiling and joking... He just seemed like he had already gotten over it.

Fools...

How could someone get over something as ugly and traumatizing as what they went through?

It takes years and years to even get over the fact that your loved one died a normal death, let alone being murdered brutally...

The truth was, no one got over that day... they just lived with it.

Steve never went to therapy, he simply didn't believe that telling a stranger about your deepest fear and feelings would help you in any way, shape, or form.

All the therapists do, is nod their heads and give you tons of unnecessary medications to numb your pain and make you dependent on pills.

It's all crap.