{Chapter 38}

Hello lovely people, hope you're doing great!

It's a looooong chapter so I hope you'll enjoy it!

Love you all! (❛◡˂̵ ̑̑✧)

^Emily and barbara in the pic!

Once the IV cannula was taken off, Miray looked down at her wrist, and her lower lip began wobbling again, more tears falling down.

"I'm so sorry, baby, d-does it hurt?" Damian asked worriedly, holding her cold hands in his. He hated seeing his sister in pain. "Don't cry, please," he pleaded, feeling helpless.

"M-my bracelet," Miray cried again. She wasn't even crying for the bracelet alone, it was just another reason for her tears. The IV cannula hurt, her arm hurt, her body hurt, he soul hurt, and she just hated everything.

"It's here, love," Luke reassured, pulling the bracelet from his pocket to show it to her. "I kept it in my pocket so it wouldn't get lost. I will give it back to you once we get home, I promise, okay, sweetheart?" Luke said gently, reaching up to thumb away the tears.

Miray pulled her hands from Damian's and grabbed the covers, fingers clenched tightly in the sheets as she nodded, sniffling. She just felt so miserable and depressed and was looking for any reason to cry.

Vince was sitting on the chair next to her bed and staring at her bruised hand sorrowfully. He couldn't stand seeing Miray hurt. Not emotionally, and definitely not physically.

"H-hi Rei," Noah said awkwardly. "I-I hope y-you're feeling better," he stuttered, taking a step closer to her bed.

Miray, for the third time since she woke up, cried again, this time hiding her face under her bed sheets.

Noah's expression fell, and he looked at his brothers fearfully. He didn't mean to upset her, he was really just asking because he was worried.

Vince reached out for his hand, and Noah's heart dropped, it took everything in him not to flinch. However, instead of scolding him, Vince pulled him to his chest and kissed the top of his head. "It's okay, she's just not feeling well right now. You did nothing wrong." He whispered, carding his fingers through Noah's hair.

Noah's heartbeat calmed down, and his body relaxed, he nodded to let his brother know that he understood.

Vince kissed him again and pulled him into his lap, his arm circling his middle, "Good boy," he praised, feeling proud of his baby brother. 

Noah sighed and let himself lean his back against his brother's chest, his eyes watching Miray cry in her bed worriedly.

"Baby, please, just tell me what's wrong, don't cry, it will make you feel worse." Damian pleaded, exchanging worried glances with Luke. They all felt helpless and lost.

"Sweetheart, look who's here to visit you, Ren and Steve came all the way to say hi." Luke tried when he saw Steve and Ren entering. He was terrified she would choke or have a problem breathing while she was hiding under the covers.

Nevertheless, he was afraid to pull the covers forcefully and upset her even more.

"Hey, Miray. We were so worried about you," Steve said, looking at Luke, who gestured for him to continue. "Ren here refused to go to school without you, even Rayan is here. I guess miss Lisa is going to feel lonely today!" He teased.

"Hi, R-Rei!" Ren greeted anxiously, not able to see Miray as she was still hiding.

Miray stayed hidden, though her crying ceased.