{Chapter 69}

Vince's face was livid, the veins standing out on his neck as he walked to the living room, carrying Miray in his arms.

He forced himself to relax, to ignore the blood pulsing through his veins at the thought of his father fooling his siblings.

Few moments passed, with him and Miray hugging in silence when he broke it.

"Rei," He called, trying to pull away, but Miray's tiny hands tightened around his neck, refusing to pull away.

"Rei... it's okay, we are outside, there's no one here... it's only you and me." Vince tried to pull again, but to his dismay, Miray started crying, her face still stubbornly hidden in his neck.

His heart clenched at Miray's crying.

"It's okay, do you want to go upstairs? We can take a nap together, hmm?" Vince suggested, his hand rubbing her back up and down soothingly.

Miray shook her head.

"Okay... do you want to go out then?" Vince tried again, but Miray still shook her head.

Vince took a deep breath, feeling a bit nervous as Miray's crying intensified. "Rei, what do you want? Just tell me... we can do whatever you want." He asked anxiously.

Miray was silent for a few moments as if she was trying to find her answer. She still didn't pull away, but at least this time, she mumbled something incoherent through her sobs.

"Hmm? What is it? I couldn't hear you, baby." Vince scooted closer, trying to catch out her words.

"Ren..." Miray cried, "Miray wants Ren," she mumbled, and Vince's heart dropped...

"Baby, I don't know where's Ren.." He trailed off.

It was true, Vince was so engaged with Miray and his father that he didn't even notice if Steve and Ren were still there or not.

"Ren is outside... in the garden." Rayan said calmly, making his presence known.

Once she heard his voice, Miray immediately pulled away and stretched her arms toward him, wanting to be put down.

With a heavy feeling, Vince placed his sister down and watched the two kids run outside.

What happened...?

He sat on the sofa's armchair and sighed heavily, letting his head drop.

-----

"REN!" Miray shouted, running toward her friend like she was chased by demons.

Ren lifted his head to glance at his best friend, his body sagging with relief when he saw Miray running toward them.

No blood... she's okay. – he thought shakily.

The sight of Arthur standing up holding his spoon, which shined against the sun's rays... it triggered something deep inside Ren and made his heart tremble.

"Rei," He called back, quickly untangling himself from his brother's hold and running toward his best friend.

They both hugged each other, Miray was still crying while Ren just held her feeling relieved.

Damian, Noah, and Luke walked into the garden, and they all sighed in relief when they saw Miray. They thought Vince had taken her outside.

The siblings sat on the sofa next to Steve, feeling exhausted...

It was still early in the morning, yet... everyone felt worn out already.

"Hey bab-" Luke couldn't even finish his sentence when Miray interrupted.