{Chapter 58}

Hey!

Guys! Please don't just read and disappear... talk a little bit and express your thoughts! Whenever I finish a chapter and update, I also wait for the feedback just like you guys wait for the chapters... 😭

Just say your thoughts and what you think, even criticisms are welcomed. Otherwise, what's the point of publishing the book if there's hardly any feedback?

Anyway...

Enjoy!

The doctors finally left Vince's room and told the siblings that Vince was okay. He was still unconscious, though, and he needed complete rest.

He also told them that they could go back home and come back in the morning, but no one wanted to leave...

Luke told Damian to take their younger siblings home, but the two protested stubbornly, wanting to stay as close as possible to Vince and only leave when he wakes up.

After many failed persuasions, both Luke and Damian gave up and just allowed them to stay.

It was getting late. Hence, they took a room near Vince to spend the night at.

Though Luke asked Dylan to take Rayan home, thinking it would be better for him to rest in his room. 

Deep down, Rayan didn't want to go and wanted to stay. However, thinking he had no right to stay, he remained silent and did as he was told.

Dylan and Alex took Rayan home, then came back. They stayed outside because Dylan felt suffocated...

No matter how many times Alex told him it wasn't his fault, Dylan just nodded, though his eyes said otherwise.

It's not like he did it deliberately, but Dylan could've controlled himself and didn't run... if only...

If only he were a bit stronger...

Later that night, Steve called Luke again. He got worried when Luke didn't call him back, so he tried to call him again, although it was very late in France...

Steve felt sorry to hear the news and consoled his friend, asking him to reach him anytime if they needed anything.

Once they hung up, Steve called the hospital and instructed them to take care of his friend's family.

Only when they assured him that they would do their best did Steve go back to sleep, hugging his brother and wishing God would never test him with his little brother.

He didn't know why his heart was uneasy...

He sighed heavily and closed his eyes, wishing his fears would only remain... fears.

➽───────────────❥

4 am.

Miray opened her eyes, her cheek pressed up against Luke's chest, and his arms circled her tiny body protectively.

Miray sighed and pulled slightly away, caressing the side of his jaw with her fingertips.

It was a tradition she always did to assure herself that he was there, that it wasn't a dream because recently, Miray's nightmares were disturbingly vivid and always got mixed with her reality. 

Luke's arms tightened instinctively on Miray's form, and he snuggled his face against her hair.

Miray took a deep breath and carefully untangled herself from Luke's hold.