{Chapter 4}

Don't forget to vote ─❥

Disgust.

Rage.

shock.

Numb.

Vince was torn, and it felt like someone was twisting a knife to widen that deep, unhealed wound he had always had.

At the same time, he felt numb and hollow.

There was such a fine line between feeling everything and nothing at all. And Vince was reeling like a drunkard on that line.

For some stupid reason, he also felt betrayed and even... fooled.

I'm such an idiot. Vince thought bitterly.

What was he expecting? A mother that welcomes him with hugs and affection? Begs on her knees for a second chance and tells him how regretful she was for abandoning him?

For God's sake, she was the same person who abandoned a newborn baby on a doorstep on a cold night.

He should have known that was too much to ask for.

But what matters now?... Nothing.

He didn't want to turn around and leave... Vince wanted to disappear and vanish into thin air.

He felt his body tremble, and his stomach suddenly felt tighter. His hands were sweating, and he could feel sweat trickling down his forehead. His heart was pounding so hard he thought it would break his rib cage.

"Oh boy, why didn't you say so from the beginning? Look at you, all grown up," She waved her hand, like it was no big deal.

Her voice held the same tone, and it shook him from his state of shock.

He turned around and started walking... fast.

He could hear someone's voice shouting something, but he couldn't figure out a word.

And he didn't want to.

He blocked out all the sounds and started running as fast as he could until he was out of that crappy neighborhood.

He wanted to keep running until he was out of the universe.

But a sudden wave of nausea forced him to stop, and he began throwing up violently.

He was out of breath, sweaty, and felt completely overwhelmed.

His throat burned, and his mouth was dry. The taste in his mouth was so bitter that it made him want to throw up again.

He felt a hand on his back and turned around to find Alex silently rubbing his back with one hand and handing him his bottle of water that was in his backpack with the other hand.

His face was expressionless.

He knew I hated pity.

Dylan, on the other hand, had a worried expression and looked like he was about to burst into sobs if he tried speaking.

Vince took the water bottle without uttering a word. He wouldn't be able to speak even if he wanted to.

When they reach Vince's house, Vince turned to Alex and Dylan and told them to leave.

He wanted- he needed to stay alone.

They hesitated, but Vince's tone didn't leave any room for argument.