{Chapter 96}

Double update!!!!

Guys, try to comment your thoughts. I have no idea what you're thinking~ Especially for the last chapters.

I always feel excited to read your thoughts, then I find none 💀 and as I always mention, that's the only reason I'm publishing the story in the first place, to know readers' thoughts on it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Tears leaked down Miray's face and fell on the pillowcase, body shaking from the pain.

It hurts.

Everything ached.

Rain splattered against the window, drawing her gaze to the small window.

It was nighttime. The moonlight sliding through the curtains stirred something deep inside her, increasing her pulse.

She wanted to survive.

She took a deep, shaky breath, her fingers clutching the bed sheets tightly.

She wanted to see her brothers again.

The thought spun a rush of adrenaline through her, and she sat up, ready to fight. She

sucked in a sharp breath at the pain that shot through her whole body.

Her head was throbbing painfully, and it felt unusually heavy. She bit back a cry of pain, afraid the man would hear her.

She quickly crawled toward her shoes and put them on. Her swollen eyes darted from left to right, desperately trying to look for an escape.

There were two options: The door or the window.

If she took the door, she might meet him on her way out. Hence, her only option was the window.

But it was high, and she couldn't reach it.

She started chewing on her lower lip, her eyes welling up with tears.

Her glimmer of hope has suddenly vanished.

She felt a stabbing pain in her chest and tried desperately to hold herself together and drag air into her lungs.

Not now, please.

She reached her hand for the closest thing to keep her balance and worked to keep her breathing steady.

Miray almost let out a yelp when she felt something crawling on her skin. She flickered her hand trying to get rid of the little insect.

It must have crawled from the chair she was leaning on.

The chair!

Miray's eyes widened, hope blooming inside her again.

She dragged the chair toward the window as quietly as she could and quickly climbed it and tried to open the window.

Her heart dared to hope when she noted that the height wasn't high and it would be easy to jump.

However, that hope turned into terror when she heard the man's footsteps getting closer.

Shock and fear flooded through her like tiny zaps of electricity.