{Chapter 31}

Hey!

Hope you're doing great.

This chapter is basically a small flashback.

Vince sighed for the millionth time when Dylan messaged him for the millionth time, asking him if he could spend the night in his house. He was getting super annoying and clingy these days.

He tried his best to tolerate and blame it on his parents, who were always busy with their nonending meetings and never home, but the guy was getting extremely annoying.

Dylan was an only child, his parents - who also didn't have siblings - both were politicians and had much power, influence, and money – but no affection.

He had no uncles, aunts, grandparents, or cousins, and his parents were always out of the country and nowhere to be seen.

He lived in a mansion with babysitters, servants, and some workers. And yes, he even had a butler.

Having no friends or family to communicate with and rely on made him feel incredibly lonely and isolated. Hence, when he went to kindergarten, he was an easy target for bullies – yes, even in kindergarten, you find bullies.

Dylan was timid, weak, and awkward, which seemed to make the kids hate him and constantly harass him.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Flashback ( Vince/ Alex/ Dylan are five years old)

Dylan was literally a cry baby, and whenever someone called him a name or didn't want to talk to him, he would cry all day. At first, everything was verbal until that day.

He was sitting in the garden playground, talking to his new friend – a dandelion flower – and telling her how beautiful she was and how he liked her smell.

He suddenly felt a shadow block the sun, and he glanced up, finding a smirking Ed. He hated Ed because he constantly bullied him.

Dylan squirmed and sat up, suddenly feeling scared. Where's the teacher?

"What are you doing, idiot?" Ed spat, crossing his arms and scanning the area, smirking when he didn't spot anyone.

"Nothing," Dylan gulped, trying to find an escape.

Without any warning, the boy kicked him in the stomach and topped him, yanking his hair and punching his face.

Dylan was mortified and terrified, and for a moment, he didn't even know what was happening.

Suddenly, the boy was shoved to the ground, and another boy did to Ed exactly what he was doing to Dylan. He topped him and started punching him hard in the face.

The only difference was this new boy seemed stronger and angrier. Ed began to cry and beg him to stop, but the other kid never stopped.

There was blood drifting from Ed's nose and mouth, and Dylan felt so scared. He stood up and tried to interfere, but he was literally shaking.

Suddenly, another boy came running and pulled the angry boy away from Ed, who was sprawled on the grass crying in pain.

"Vince, are you crazy? Why are you hitting him?" The second boy scolded angrily, "Your brothers will be so angry at you." He pointed out.

The other boy – whose Dylan assumed his name was Vince – was panting, hands still clenched, "I don't care, he deserves it," he shrugged and started walking away.