{Chapter 48}

Hey! 👋(◉ᴥ◉)

How are you guys?

Another update! 💜

Once they arrived, Luke and Damian smiled fondly at the adorable sight in the back seats. Noah was snuggling against Vince while Miray snuggled against Noah. They were all sleeping soundlessly, soft snores coming from their mouths - Except Vince.

Vince always slept like he was modeling for a top magazine - Damian rolled his eyes at that, the boy was perfect even when sleeping.

The two brothers decided to let them rest and went out to prepare the tent and everything else.

✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼

The others woke up eventually and started wandering around the place, it was breathtakingly beautiful, the air fresh and clean and the trees tall and green.

Miray, Rayan, and Noah went together to explore their new surroundings while the others sat near the tent to drink some tea.

"Nai, don't go too far." Damian reminded, sitting on the chair next to Luke.

"Okay~" Noah replied.

"Woah! Look!! It's a butterfly!" Miray squealed, catching the boys' attention. She gazed in awed silence, amazed at the way the butterfly fluttered from flower to flower gracefully.

The butterfly was one of the prettiest butterflies Miray had ever seen. It was blue - Miray's favorite color - and its wings extremists were black.

Miray's eyes widened when the butterfly landed on Rayan's hand, and she carefully walked closer, putting her hand over her mouth to suppress a squeak.

She raised her eyes to look at Rayan, and her eyes flashed with something primal, proudness, and admiration.  "I think the butterfly likes you," she whispered, smiling adorably.

Rayan was silent, but color bloomed in his cheeks. He felt... strange. The feeling was foreign. It was something he felt for the first time - again. He didn't know what that feeling was or what it meant, but it made him feel good?

Rayan was experiencing more feelings from the time he came to the Evans home than he had in his entire life.

This feeling, though, was different, and Rayan couldn't put his finger on it. It was just satisfying, and for the first time in his life, Rayan felt proud of himself? The look in Miray's eyes and the tender and awe tone in her voice made him feel a tingle at the base of his skull, one that made him suspect she was using some sort of magic on him.

The admiration... no one has ever admired him or anything he did. He felt important, appreciated, and valued.

He felt like he did something great... which was crazy. Rayan knew that the butterfly didn't like him, and it was just a coincidence.

They always landed on his hand or shoulder, and Rayan knew it was because he was motionless, like a tree or a useless rock.

But Miray looked at him like he was a beautiful flower, a magician, someone great, and it made happiness and warmth spread through him. "You can have it," Rayan whispered, feeling his face growing warm as he moved closer, embarrassed.

"Come to me, beautiful butterfly," Miray whispered, bringing her hand closer to Rayan, only for the butterfly to fly away.

"No~" Miray whined lowly, sounding like a kicked puppy. "See, they only like Rayan," she added when Noah tried to catch it, and it flew further away.