{Chapter 33}

Ladies and gentlemen,

Yes, that's right, it's me again, the one and only (jk)

I'm being extra generous these days, so please don't disappoint! Vote and comment! 

(─‿‿─)

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

Enjoy!

· ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Fade to Black ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ ·

Luke took his sister to a bicycle shop to choose the bike she preferred. He bought her a designed one, designed specifically for her. With all the accessories and extras her blessed little heart desired.

Anything for his little sister.

Though, unlike his father, Luke also bought Noah, Rayan, and the twins' bikes similar to the ones Vince had destroyed earlier. He couldn't find it in himself to differentiate between the kids in his house.

He also made up with Vince, and they all went for dinner, again to the same restaurant because Miray insisted on going there. Though, she wasn't happy when she couldn't find her pretty-eyed friend.

The week passed smoothly, Noah was again unintentionally drifting away from his sister, spending his whole time with the twins.

He and the twins quickly learned how to ride the bike, while Rayan and Miray failed miserably. Miray wanted one of her brothers to help her, but apparently, they were all busy with more important things.

Luke was extra busy with his work, Damian was occupied with his exams, and this week, even Vince was a bit distant, which only increased Miray's depression.

She couldn't understand or figure out why she was suddenly left alone. Where did she go wrong? Why did her brothers suddenly stop loving her and caring about her? Was her grandma right? Did they get tired of her?

One moment she was showered with love and affection and always had company. And now, no one cared about her anymore.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Rayan asked, approaching her and sitting beside her. She was sitting, knees to chest, next to the tree in the same spot he always sat in with the cutest pout.

Miray only shrugged, she didn't even want to speak anymore.

Rayan didn't know what to say or do, but for some reason, he couldn't stand seeing Miray sad. Hence, he awkwardly opened his book and glanced at Miray. "Do you want me to read to you?" He offered, voice hesitant.

That always seemed to cheer her up, and although it wasn't something Rayan enjoyed, he would do it if it meant she would smile again.

To his dismay, Miray shrugged again, not even looking his way.

Rayan sighed and closed his book. "What makes you sad?" he asked, and Miray could hear the frown in his voice.

This time, she turned to look at him with her dull eyes, still not saying anything.

Rayan raised his hand hesitantly, his heart hammering in his chest, and nervously placed his hand on her head, sliding it smoothly on her soft hair. He liked how it felt... almost like velvet. "It will be okay," he whispered, staring into her eyes.

"Do you want to watch some cartoons? Isn't the time for your favorite cartoon?!" he suddenly exclaimed, not able to sit still and watch his new sister, the first person who was nice to him, being sad.