{Chapter 51}

Double update?

YES!

Enjoy!!

Guys, let's reach 5k?  (。・・。)  If only four people who have never voted, decided to vote we will reach 5k *sighs*

Whoever didn't vote, please do, and let's increase it a bit ❤

.

.

.

.

.

Dylan liked Vince.

Vince was the first person Dylan wanted to risk his trust with after all the tragedy he went through...

Unlike the maids and everyone else in Dylan's life, Vince was totally different. He was the exact opposite of everyone, and Dylan liked that.

He was like a breath of fresh air after years of cloudiness.

Vince never smiled sweetly at him, never sweet-talked him, and never asked him to do anything that made him feel uncomfortable.

On the opposite, on the surface, Vince seemed cold and indifferent. He would look at Dylan coldly, yet his actions would make him feel warm and fuzzy, loved and cared for.

Dylan knew from the moment Vince - heroically - jumped on Ed and beat him that he wanted to give this kid his full trust and bet on him. And he never regretted it.

His life changed drastically after they became friends. Alex and Vince showed Dylan the other bright side of the world, what it felt like to be on equal terms, and what it was like to have people who cared for you without asking for any weird favors.

If it was up to him, Dylan wanted to live with them and never go back home.

Unlike most kids, Dylan liked school and hated vacations. He would wake up feeling extremely excited every school day, then once he came back home, sadness would cloud his features. He hated his house with all his heart.

After that fateful day, Dylan liked to spend his time inside his room, locked in.

It was ironic because, previously, Dylan would cry hysterically whenever the maids or the butler locked him in his room. They always did that whenever he refused to do something that made him feel uncomfortable.

It was their way of punishing him and pressing him to submit - and it worked every time.

Now, however, Dylan would gladly spend the whole day locked in his room because it was his choice, not anyone's else.

Dylan didn't understand the logic behind it. He couldn't comprehend why he was scared of being locked in his room in the first place, and now that fear was completely gone.

Was it the control?

Was it the fact that this time he was the one who had the keys and could open and close his room whenever he wanted? He still couldn't figure it out.

Dylan couldn't understand people either.

When he was nice and kind, they took advantage of him and abused his trust in the cruelest way possible.

Now that he had changed his attitude and would fire anyone who breathed too loud for his liking, they respected him and were very careful when dealing with him.

Nevertheless, Dylan still hated them and the whole house.

He lost count on how many times he had broken every breakable thing in the house. But his parents never got angry or even complained, they only instructed the maids to clean the mess and bring new furniture.