{Chapter 18}

{Cigarettes}

Enjoy ❤

Vince went directly to the fridge, pulled out a cold bottle, and chugged a good quarter of the bottle in one long swallow. He needed something cold to cool down the burn in his heart. He slammed the fridge door so hard that things inside crushed into each other, causing a big noise.

"Wow, calm down, hulk," Damian turned off his phone, and his eyes flickered from Vince to Luke, who slumped, exhausted, onto the sofa next to the big glass window. He could already tell that they both were in a bad mood... And he already knew why, as Luke was updating him the whole time.

Usually, Vince would flip him off or sass back, but this time, he silently sat on the stool near Noah, ruffled his hair, and stared at the cold bottle in front of him.

Noah's brows knitted. He was oblivious to the whole thing, but he knew something was off when he saw Damian punching the wall earlier. "Is everything alright?" he asked worriedly.

At that, the three brothers moved their attention to their little brother. Luke sighed and gestured to him to come closer. "Come here," he said, patting the small spot on the sofa next to him.

Noah got off the stool, walked to where Luke was sitting and held Luke's hand that was extending toward him.

Luke's arm encircled Noah's small body drawing him closer and kissed the top of his head. "There's nothing to worry about. Yesterday, Vince and Rei were followed by someone, and we went today to investigate more about the incident." He explained calmly. Not wanting his little brother to be left in the dark, and at the same time, he didn't want to freak him out.

Damian placed a cup of coffee in front of Luke, who smiled at him, thanking him silently. Damian always knew exactly what he needed the most, and he was deeply grateful for that.

Both Noah and Mrs. Sarah were shocked by this news. "Oh my, and did you get him?" Mrs. Sarah asked fearfully.

Noah seemed like he had the same question as he looked anxiously at Luke, waiting for his reply.

Luke took a sip of his coffee and leaned back. He was about to answer, however, Vince preceded him in the answer, slamming the bottle and squeezing it with such force until it deformed. "We will... even if it was the last thing I do." He promised darkly. The light had gone out of his eyes, and instead, they had turned cold.

Damian, who was standing next to Mrs. Sarah and opposite Vince, felt a shiver down his spine. It's true that Vince is younger than him... But sometimes, he felt the opposite. Especially when he was in a bad mood like now...

It seems like it wasn't only Damian who thought like that, as he could feel Mrs. Sarah stepping back nervously.

Luke sighed again, he had a difficult day with Vince trying to punch everyone... it was a challenging task to keep him composed. It was already hard enough to keep himself in control...

Wanting to change the topic, Luke looked around the kitchen and noticed that Miray was missing, "Did you wake her up?" He asked, assuming she was still asleep. It wasn't weird, they all knew how much Miray loved to sleep.

The corners of Damian's eyes creased with concern looking at the clock nervously, he was so busy with his phone that he forgot to check on Miray. She went to bring her hat from her room fifteen minutes ago... "She's already up, she just went to bring her hat from her room, I'll go get her." He didn't wait, nor did he look at anyone, and left the kitchen, jogging up the stairs to her bedroom.