{Chapter 91}

Double update? 

Surprise for you all Ⰶ, because I love you! ♥

»————–✄

Later that night, Arthur received a call from his sister that made all his demons set free. He rushed to his kids' bedroom and slammed the door open, startling the two, who flinched from their sleep, their eyes wide in terror.

Noah frowned at his dad. But soon, his frown morphed into shock and fear.

Arthur seemed different. His eyes shone with fury, and his nostrils flared as he stared darkly at Miray.

Miray shrank under the sharp gaze, she wanted to run away, but she had nowhere to go.

She felt trapped.

She couldn't even glance at Noah, too afraid to move.

Her fingers clenched tightly in the sheets, and she prayed that her father would magically leave.

"Dad! What's wrong?" Noah questioned, getting off his bed.

He could feel something was off.

His father's features were twisted with something dark and unfamiliar, making him look scarier and more dangerous than Noah had ever seen him.

For the first time in his life, Noah felt scared of his dad.

"Go to sleep, Noah," Arthur said coldly, his eyes never leaving Miray. "You," he pointed at Miray, "Come here," he ordered, his tone leaving no place for any argument.

Instead of listening to his father, Noah walked to his sister's bed and glared at his father, "Dad, it's too late-"

"MIRAY! COME HERE!" Arthur growled, cutting off Noah's sentence.

Miray flinched and clung to Noah, "I'm s-sorry," she whined in response, not knowing what she had done wrong.

A deep sense of uneasiness held her rigid, and she just wanted to disappear.

She wanted all of this to stop.

Can she go to her mom?

It seemed like no one wanted her anymore... No one would save her.

"D-Dad," Noah stuttered, his hand gripping Miray's tightly.

He felt scared.

His eyes darted to his nightstand table, where he had hidden Vince's phone. He wanted to reach it and call his brothers because his dad was acting off.

It all happened in a blink of an eye that Noah didn't even have time to react.

Arthur rushed inside and gripped Miray by her hair, dragging her outside harshly. Noah reached to hold her, but he was just making it worse for her as his dad pulled her hair harder.

Miray was screaming hysterically, crying, and calling Noah's name repeatedly.

Noah tried his best, but Arthur pushed him inside and locked the door. He banged on the door shouting and begging his father to open the door in vain.

He heard Barbara and the twins screaming outside, making his skin crawl with nerves. The fact he wasn't seeing what his father was doing and could only hear his sister's screams made his heart chill with fear.

Barbara fought with Arthur, trying to free Miray from his grip. She told Emily to open Noah's door, but the latter didn't budge.

Barbara tried again, yelling at her son Oliver to open the door, and this time the latter rushed toward Noah's door and opened it.