{Chapter 59}

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ HEY ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

Yes! It's ME... again!

I know no one missed me, but I came anyway *smiles*

Don't forget to vote and comment 💜

Aaand, enjooooy!

.

.

.

.

───── ❝ Fade to black ❞ ─────

Vince pulled back and tried to wipe his tears with his injured hand because he stubbornly refused to pull his left hand from Miray's hold and disturb her, which made Luke stop him with a frown.

"Wait," Luke said, reaching for the tissues on the overbed table.

However, he accidentally knocked the cup of water over, breaking it into pieces and making his sister flinch in her sleep.

The brothers' heads snapped toward their sister, who jumped from her sleep, startled and panicked, eyes wild with terror.

"Hey, hey, shh, it's okay, it's okay, it's just a cup," Vince quickly assured, gently caressing her arm all the way to her hand, letting his thumb drag across her palm softly.

Luke quickly walked to her side and crouched down to Miray's level, whispering soothing things against herhair and holding her close until she calmed down.

Once her breathing was normal, Miray glanced at Vince silently. Her brain was still not functioning well enough to comprehend what was happening, and it took her a couple of seconds to grasp the fact that Vince was awake... gazing adoringly at her with a tired smile on his face.

Miray's eyes immediately widened, and she looked at Luke eagerly, wanting confirmation.

Was she dreaming?

Luke smiled and nodded, "Didn't you want to talk to Vince? Here you go, he's awake now, you can talk to him." he said with a fond look, caressing her cheek tenderly.

Miray's eyes found Vince again, and all of a sudden, her expression crumpled, seeming close to tears.

"V," Miray whimpered, her lower lip wobbling with the threat of tears.

Vince's heart swelled with adoration, and he swallowed, fighting back his own tears...

He didn't know why he felt so vulnerable today...

Was it the effect of that man's blood Luke told him about? 

Vince's heart scoffed, rolling his eyes. (yes, hearts have eyes too, it's Wattpad, don't come at me.)

Vince's heart knew it wasn't the case, and the brain was just trying desperately to find any excuse to justify his weakness...

Deep down, even Vince's brain knew it was just his sister's effect on him...

The way Miray was looking at him made his heart bloom with something so familiar yet so foreign.

Miray's eyes were soft and earnest, and the look in them made Vince's chest constrict.

Her eyes held a light of love that blinded his eyes and bled his heart.

Before, Vince was thirsty for love. His soul was dehydrated, and he eagerly longed for feelings to feel alive.