{Chapter 25}

Hello from the other side!!

ヾ(⁍̴̆◡⁍̴̆。)ノ

Hope you're doing great!

VOTE VOTE VOTE!  ^(#`∀')_Ψ

Vince snapped his head toward his brother, his head was pounding. "W-what?" He stuttered, swallowing down the lump in his throat. He darted his eyes to Luke, begging him to say otherwise.

However, Luke remained quiet.

"Why do you think we didn't move out earlier? If it was this easy, we would've been out years ago..." Damian sighed.

Vince's head spun, he raked both hands through his hair, feeling his eyes burn.

No.

He suddenly stood up and started pacing. "T-this... Y-you can't just... Dammit," he swallowed down his frustration.

He felt an urge to scream out as hard as he could, to break something... his father's heart precisely.

No one could understand what Vince felt at that moment. His brothers just crushed his dreams and shattered the hope he had for years...

For years, the only thing that kept him sane and calm was the hope that they would eventually live away from his father... But now, his brothers just told him that his filthy father had more rights than them. That he was the one in control.

Dad has the right to stop us from seeing her.

Over my dead body.

His jaw clenched painfully. He turned around to face his brothers, heart pounding. "I don't give a damn; we can just take Miray and Noah and leave. He can go and file a case all he wants." He spat angrily.

Luke sighed and stood up, walking toward his brother, he couldn't blame him – He could never blame him for wanting the best for his sister. He, himself, went through the same experience before. The helplessness and anger were unbearable.

He held his hand and gently tagged him to the stool, "Sit down," he instructed, and Vince did. He suddenly felt lifeless and defeated. He felt as if a vacuum sucked all the life and energy out of his body, and he was left... empty.

Luke took a deep breath, hands on his brother's shoulders. "I know how you feel." He first stated - wanting his brother to understand that they all felt the same way. That he wasn't in this alone...

"I also thought of doing that." He added, then paused. "I thought of taking you all and just - go somewhere far away... But it's not the right thing to do. I know you hate dad, and I'm not too fond of him either. But no one can deny the fact that he loves Noah... and Noah loves him too. I can't do that to Noah... I can't deprive him of that, it's not my place." He said, his voice quiet.

Vince was listening, head hung down. He was listening, but he didn't want to listen. He knew what his brother said was right, but he didn't want it to be right...

"He's also telling him shit and poisoning his mind," Vince argued.

Luke sighed, "That's true, and that's when it's our turn to tell him otherwise and to make sure he's not buying his words. We are lucky enough that Noah listens to us." He paused for a few moments, then added, "I just want to give Noah more time, he's not ready yet to make a choice. And I don't want to put him in a situation where he would feel like he's forced to choose..."

Luke leaned down a little bit and his heart twisted at the broken sight of his brother; he just couldn't stand seeing his siblings sad.

He pulled Vince's head to his chest and carded his hand through his fringe. "I'm so proud of you, you know," He said quietly. "You're a good person Vince, and the fact that you did all of this for Miray, she's so lucky to have a brother like you." He praised, voice rich and warm.