{Chapter 49}

مرحبا, كيف حالكم؟

Hope you're all doing great!

ENJOY!

Steve stopped walking and sighed deeply, "Could you at least look around?" he looked desperately at the younger boy holding his hand.

"I hate Paris," Ren mumbled quietly, a frown tugging down at his lips as he kicked a stone out of his way.

Steve sighed a defeated sigh. Ren was frowning from the moment they got into the airplane. He thought the beautiful scenery in Paris and the delicious croissant and sweets would cheer him up, but he was wrong. Ren's mood was getting worse with each second.

"Can we go back?" Ren said for the millionth time. His brother didn't understand him at all. Ren couldn't enjoy anything, not when his friend wasn't here with him.

Ren would like any place with Miray in it, even school seemed way better than Paris for him.

Steve grew tired of trying to get his brother's attention and finally agreed to go back "Okay," he said. He has been trying - for three hours - to make his brother smile, even for a second, but he failed miserably.

Once they got to their hotel room, Ren went directly to his bed and buried his face in his pillow. It was 8 pm, so he just decided to sleep, time passed quickly when he slept. Maybe when he wakes up, they'll go back home, and he can meet his friend again.

Steve decided to give his brother some space and marched to the bathroom to take a warm shower. Once inside, he lifted his face to the warm water and cursed under his breath. He felt bitter, helpless, and envious even...

Steve only had one brother, his green-eyed baby brother. He loved him with everything in him. Steve didn't consider Ren only as his brother... he was his precious creature.

Ren was the spitting image of their mother, he got her green eyes, her dirty blond hair, and even the same look. Steve would sometimes stare at his brother unwarily. Everything he did reminded him of their mother, everything he said made him fall deeper.

Sometimes... maybe the right word would be "most of the time" Steve felt jealous of Miray. He loved the kid and was extremely grateful for her. But... Steve hoped his brother loved him even half the amount he loved Miray.

He knew it was a childish and stupid wish, but he couldn't help it. Steve only saw his brother talk and laugh when Miray was around. Otherwise, he would just enclose himself.

After the shower, Steve headed to their bed, eager to cuddle with his little brother. He deliberately chose a single room with one bed so he could use his time indoors to bond with his little brother.

He sighed when he found Ren in the same position, laying on his stomach and burying his face in the pillow. He ran a hand through his hair, turned off the lights, and crawled into bed next to the younger.

As soon as he laid his head on the pillow, Steve's heart clenched when he heard a sniffle. He carefully reached his baby brother and pulled him into a hug.

"What's wrong, Ren?" he asked softly, running his fingers gently through the younger's soft hair.

"I wanna go back," Ren mumbled, his voice low, almost a whisper, but Steve could still hear.

Steve swallowed, his mouth suddenly feeling very dry. "Ren..." He managed to say, voice cracking and carrying a tinge of blame. "Do you hate staying with me?"