six

Kao

"Ahhhhh!!!! Pete, you're a jerk! A scumbag! Dirt face! A shvt bag! An asshole! I hate you!!!!!"

I was breathless after I was done screaming my heart out.

I was at the balcony in my supposed room after the jerk dismissed me from his home office earlier after telling me that I had to stay with him whether I like it or not.

"You're staying with me Kao. And this isn't an invite."

I gaped at him not knowing how to react.

"Now off you go. I need to work so I can provide for you. See you at lunch."

I was out the door before I could even react violently but I was too late, the jerk had already locked his door from the inside.

Argh!

I felt the urge to scream again after I remembered what just happened.

The hell he just treats me like a kid!

I grabbed at the railings and was about to yell insults for the asshole when I noticed the oldest lady helper by the pool tending of the flowers.

She smiled when she saw me.

"I heard sweets make you feel better. Do you want to have some? We have home made ice cream."

She offered and I hated how I suddenly felt embarrassed.

"No, it's okay, I'm good. Thanks."

She nodded.

"But if you change your mind, I'll be here until the sun gets unbearable and then I'll be at the kitchen, just look for me alright?"

I smiled and nodded at her before I excused myself and retreated inside my room.

"Pete is a jerk!"

I said matter of factly as I laid face down on my bed and poured out some more insults and profanities on the pillow for another round before I thought of something.

I went out of my room and looked around the second floor where I learned that had three more rooms.

The one I'm staying was beside another guest room and on the other side was Pete's room and his home office.

He would not give me a clue where I was and his staff, even Kaleb wouldn't tell me too, so I should find it out myself.

I tried on the next room and was glad that it was open.

Nothing really surprising in particular.

It looked exactly the same as the room I'm staying.

Only, it obviously looked unoccupied for a long time that I doubted if I could find anything in there that would help me find out where we were.

The GPS on my beat up phone also proved to be of no use as it gave me nothing when I tried turning it on last night after the cake incident and earlier before I decided to go out and roam around.

At first, I thought it was my phone and my internet connection that had a problem but I tried googling in Pete's name but it instantly yielded thousands of results but I did not waste my time checking the information out.

Why would I!?!

I resisted the urge to do so over the last five years, why would I give in now!?!

I gave the room one more sweep before I went out.

I stood by the quiet hallway and stared at the first door that was Pete's home office where I knew he was in at the moment.

So his bedroom is definitely deserted.