fifty-five

Kao

"Kaooooo!!!"

I had to take my phone of my ear when I heard Rein squealed on the other line.

I was on my way to my last class that time.

"We're flying back there over the weekend!"

I smiled when I heard her.

"Really!?! That's good news! Did you finally decide to have the ceremony here?"

Last time we talked Rein and Kaleb were still indecisive about where to have the christening for their first born.

"Actually. We just had the baby blessed over the weekend. It's the celebration that we're going to hold there. I've talked to my family and they said they wanted to see the baby. My father offered to pay for the party. They even specifically told me Kaleb could attend."

I chuckled when I heard what Rein said.

Well, at least she's happy.

Things on her side seemed to fall into their proper places.

Kaleb is a good guy.

Apart from running off to Thailand and bringing Rein with him without the latter's family knowing, Kaleb is dependable and I think it's time for Rein's family to see that.

"That's great! I'm so happy for you and the family, Rein. I think it's about time. Also, I'm so excited to see you again in person. And the baby too."

Rein deserved all the happiness and blessings right now as she's a very kind hearted person.

"Thank you, Kao. I'm super excited to see you too and to come back after all these time. The thing is, my husband seemed to not like the idea. He's still anxious with the thought that he's meeting my family for the first time since he took me away."

I chuckled with what Rein said.

Of course!

Kaleb should be nervous about meeting Rein's family.

But seeing him now, with all that he had accomplished over the years and for how and who he turned out to be, I was sure he needed not to worry too much.

"It's normal for Kaleb to feel that way. If I'm your parent I wouldn't be happy with how he handled the situation too but I know Kaleb. He's a good person and often sensible so I guess you really didn't have to worry that much. Besides, there's already Kaleb Jr. who would have the heart to ignore such cute angel right?"

I heard Rein hummed her agreement on the next line before she replied.

"Yeah. That's true. Thanks Kao. I also told him that. I'm sure if they know him better, my family would love him too. Right, which brought me to the idea, have you met Pete's parents already?"

I blinked at Rein before I shook my head.

Actually, I haven't had thought about that.

Pete and I just recently celebrated our one month of being together back at his mansion of the hill about a week ago where I cooked for him and we spent the whole day just watching movies and talking about random stuff.

But we never had mentioned about his parents tho.

Sure I've met his mother before once or twice and Pete had introduced us together, me, as his boyfriend, but I never really had known his mother's true thoughts about it as I wasn't given much time with her.

Every one of those encounters were always short lived and now that I'm thinking about it, I couldn't be as confident as I wanted to be when thinking about meeting his mother and this time, his father too.