forty-five

Kao

Five years ago🔞

"Sorry, the house is a mess. Mama is at the market and we don't expect a visitor today. Or ever. So, just, make yourself comfortable while I look for some dry clothes for us to change into."

Pete was quick to gather all the clothes scattered on the wooden seat and deposited it in the nearby bin before he guided me to sit on it which I declined.

"I don't think sitting there would be a good idea."

I said as I shrugged at Pete.

I was wet from the rain earlier.

Pete was about to send me home from the mall where he accompanied me to buy some reference materials for my project when it started raining and there was nowhere to take shade that we both decided to just drive off.

The rain wasn't waning still and I reckoned that it would be too dangerous if we go through it and so I suggested for us to take shelter at the nearest convenience place we could find.

It turned out that we were actual near where Pete lives just one junction up ahead and so we made a stop over at his house to change before he finally send me home as the rain was already about to stop.

"It's okay. I'm fine. Actually, I really don't need a change of clothes, you don't have to bother. I'll be fine."

I assured him as I stood at the corner.

Although I wasn't as wet as he was, but still, sitting in the couch in my state would definitely ruin it.

"What nonsense! Look at you, you're almost dripping. Stay here for a while. I'll go get some clean clothes then I'll bring you home after alright?"

Pete said as he guided me to the seat not caring if I get it wet in the process before me made his way inside a room and disappeared for a while.

I bit on my lip as I looked around the place.

I smiled to myself.

Pete's house which he mentioned once, that they're renting was not as big as ours.

The living room and the dining room was just separated my the table with the small tv on it.

Just across from where I was were two doors with the one on the left was where Apollo got in, I assumed where the rooms for him and his mother respectively.

The place was not grand but wasn't shabby at all.

In fact, it was all warm and homey.

This was my first time here although I already met Pete's mother when he brought me to see her that one time at the public market where she sells fish.

That was about a month after Pete and I officially got together and he introduced me to his mother just like that.

I didn't know what to feel that time, but I was sure happy.

And I planned to do the same and introduce Pete to my parents maybe a week after we celebrated our third month in two days.

I smiled at the thought.

I was all crazy and smiling all to myself but I don't care.

I'm in love and I'm happy.

These past months with Pete had been the best.

To be honest, I've never thought that this is how my first relationship would be but I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Pete was just so nice, and sweet and accommodating and most of all, he's never ashamed of holding my hand even if we're out in public.