forty-four

Pete

"I finally heard from the Sumitsomo, said they could only give us five percent which is much lower than the ten they gave us last time. I told them I'd talk to you about it and get back to them once you made the decision. Also, there seems to be a problem in one of our factories in the north, they need two more forklifts. I already checked on the report and talked to the maintainer,the lifts are old yes but they could still be used till maybe early next year but I think it would be best to buy new units. And lastly, your father asked me to ask you when will you be back here?"

I heard my Thailand based envoy and trusted employee, Tavy, gave his reports and suggestions as what I instructed him to do ever since I came back and I was glad with my decision to appoint him as he was as reliable as Kaleb.

We had been doing this conference for months now and Tavy had somehow knew the drill.

I was supposed to give my feedback after he delivered his report but as of the moment, I didn't get anything that he just said and all I could do was bit on my lip as I tried not to smile every time I think about the kiss Kao and I shared just this morning.

Damn!

It's not like it was my first but why the hell am I feeling and acting this way!?!

"Young master? Sir?!"

I barely heard Tavy called me but I was more focused on Keno's face on my mind.

"Sir?!"

This time, I scraped my teeth over the whole of my lower lip.

Okay, I know I should not be like this, specially because I am still yet to talk to Kao about this whole thing.

I planned to earlier but Kaleb and Rein requested for a video call with him and so I had to reschedule.

Then I had another call from Tavy that I excused myself and told him I'd be calling him later that night only to come back to the home office to Kao running off again and I didn't know what happened.

I was going to follow him and ask him what's wrong but then Tavy called again and now, I am in a conference with him as he said he has an appointment with the people from the nearby factory that he needed to present his report to me that moment and I thought, I could just talk to Kao later maybe during dinner.

But as I went with the conference, I am now slowly realizing that it was a bad idea since I couldn't concentrate with how my mind kept drifting back to Kao.

I really need to get a grip!

Or I should go and see him!?!

Yes!

I stood up from my swivel chair with all the intention to go and check on Kao when Tavy's loud call stopped me half way through the door.

"I'm sorry sir. Didn't meant to yell but, where are you going?"

I saw Tavy gave and apologetic smile which brought me back to the case at hand.

Right, I'm still in a business call.

"Yeah, no, it's okay. Right, I'm just, ah, yeah, you were saying!?!"

I asked as I got back on my seat and tried to focus on the meeting.

Tavy seemed confused.

He had never seen me flustered or out of sort since.

"Uhm, are you sure? I mean, we can just reschedule if you have something else to do. My meeting is later at six, maybe we can do the conference after that?"