nineteen

Kao

"Someone's happy!"

I pursed my lips as I looked up and saw Rein hovered over me on my seat.

We were at the classroom for our last class for the day and even if I didn't want to, I couldn't help but feel excited as our class was slowly coming to an end.

Few more minutes and I would finally get to be free from school for the next two days as it was the weekend.

And because, Pete and I agreed to meet today for dinner.

"It's the weekend. It's hard not to be."

But Rein didn't know about Pete just yet and I'm not sure why seeing Pete makes me this excited so maybe I'll just have to keep it to myself.

"We had been friends and classmates for the rest of high school. I never saw you this happy for a weekend ever since."

I made a face at Rein.

"And your point is?"

She smiled before she sat on the chair next to me.

"My point is, does your smile had something to do with that hot guy I saw you with last time?"

I furrowed my brows at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She rolled her eyes and smiled that knowing smile.

"Tsk! Really? What if I tell you I'm talking about the guy who handed you a cold and fresh buko juice that one time after PE?"

She meant the one last Wednesday when we were allowed to go outside the perimeter of the school for a part of our subject that suggested community cleaning and both Pete and Kaleb where at the same street food stall.

Really, what time do they even end their classes at their school!?!

But that was not the pressing concern I had at the moment.

It was when Kaleb called and out and waved at me and offered me the juice.

And when I agreed and was about to walk towards them to get eat, Kaleb stopped me and had coerced Pete to hand the juice to me instead and I just couldn't contain my glee.

Although I friend my hardest to hide it as he walked towards me.

He just nodded and gave me the juice and left.

I should feel bad.

I mean, I thought we already hit it off when we had dinner last time, even if it ended with Pete having his face punched.

He also offered to wait with me for a ride in comfortable silence and surprised me with what he said before he closed the door of the taxi.

"See you around."

He said.

And I smiled.

But I didn't seem the next day and the days that followed until that very moment he handed me the buko juice and he didn't even speak but then he turned back and gave me a covert smile that I ended up biting my lower lip and turned back just so I could let out my smile.

Honestly, I no longer know what was happening with me.

And then, just yesterday, when I was waiting for manong at the sidewalks just outside the gate, I saw Pete passed by on a motorcycle.