seventeen

Kao

Tight lip.

Stern face.

And a snarl that seemed to always accompany his every words as I sat there across him listening to him while he recited our orders to the waitstaff.

"How about him?"

I heard the middle aged wait staff who obviously seemed to be very familiar with Pete asked and regarded him.

That was when I sat straight and looked at Pete expectantly waiting for him to finally speak to me after all the times that we were in the car until we had to finally get off it and he didn't even utter a single word directed to me.

But I was not able to hear him spoke.

Instead, he just gave me a bored look and looked back up at the wait staff.

"It's okay. He didn't know want to order anyway. Just have two of everything I ordered."

The wait staff looked at me for approval to which I nodded at him.

I had no idea what Pete ordered but I sure he'll didn't want to contest him either.

Not when he was looking like this in front of me.

Looking like he wanted to murder someone just for being there.

And the more I looked at him, the more I thought that maybe that someone was me.

I mentally shook my head.

Maybe agreeing to this dinner and coming with him alone was a big idea.

Goodness Kao!

You don't even know the guy.

You didn't even know his name until earlier and you just willingly went out with him!?!

Yes he helped you out one time, but that didn't mean you should put your guard down and went with him just like that!

What if he was just waiting for the right time to kidnap you or do anything bad to you and or what if, Kaleb being friendly was just a ploy to get you.

I swallowed dryly and looked at the guy who was now playing with the paper napkins on the table.

I must give it to him, he does look good in his white shirt and tattered jeans and that overgrown unruly hair.

But that's the thing, all could just be a font.

Plus, he didn't even try to cover up his callousness, specially earlier inside the taxi with the driver.

"First date?"

I blinked at the cab driver smiling knowingly at me and at Pete on the rearview mirror.

"What bull crap are you talking about can you just drive!?!"

My eyes widened when I heard what Pete told the driver beside me.

As if what manong said earlier was not enough to give me a shock.

"Pete."

I called him out.

I just thought I needed to say something.

Not that he agreed for us to be on first name basis.

I mean, he didn't even speak a word to me about stuff which suggest something about that sort.

"I'm sorry, manong, I apologize in behalf of my friend. He's just having a bad day."