twenty-four

Kao

"Give him five sets of that in different colors. Preferably light and pastel. Also this and that. And oh, yes, two pairs of leather shoes too. Make it black and brown. And oh, some belts and ties too."

I automatically went from a frowning to a straight face when Pete turned towards me standing from behind him.

"Anything more you want Kao?"

I slowly shook my head.

Actually, I had no idea what he was asking about as I was still trying to process everything.

It all happened so fast.

The last thing I knew was Pete and I were still debating on the driveway of his mansion on the hill about this whole shopping thing.

"I'm not going."

I declared when he coaxed me again to get inside the car.

It was way past seven am already and I only had coffee since getting up at five earlier because he told me to be early.

In normal circumstances back in the past, I could go without eating for the whole day specially if I'm preoccupied with work.

But the past weeks living in the mansion and sometime unconsciously trained my stomach to eat at regular times of the day.

That was why it's no longer a surprise when it grumbled.

Good then, now I have my excuse to not come with Pete.

"Don't be difficult Kao, get in! Few more minutes and we'll definitely be stuck in traffic."

I shook my head.

"I told you I'm not going. Why would I you shopping with you anyway!?!"

Even if he's rich, and my boss, it is not within Pete's right to buy me stuff just like that.

"Can you not think too much? What are you on again?"

Pete gave out a weary look as he regarded me.

"Huh?"

I raised my eyebrows at him when he regarded me.

"What are you employed as?"

He asked nonchalantly.

"Your secretary...?"

I shrugged at him.

"Precisely. I'm your boss and you're my secretary. It's just right for me to make sure you'll look nice for when you meet any of my clients and or associates."

I blinked at him.

"You mentioned that you didn't have clothes, so I'm buying you some. Think of it as your uniform or something."

I blinked at Pete yet again.

A sudden urge of embarrassment was starting to surge through me.

My face was starting to feel hot and the tips of my ears tingled.

"What? I thought you want to be able to perform your job worthy of your benefits and compensation?"

He raised his eyebrows at me when I stared at him as embarrassment slowly kicked in.

Of course this is all for professional purposes.

Why would I think about this shopping otherwise!?!

I mean, did I think about it otherwise!?!

Fvck!

I heaved a sigh and shook my head.

What was I even thinking!?!